The Baby Momma

After I dropped the kids off with Trey I called Caleb over. We were going to go out to eat but he wanted to talk to me about something important. I actually decided to dress up and do something nice for him. We hadn't had a romantic night in a while and if he was coming over then why not go big. However as I was getting ready I was starting to think that maybe it was something bad because Caleb wasn't the type to get nervous. When he came to my house he looked a bit nervous and that just made me nervous. I had some left over rice and grilled chicken from dinner last night that we ate before he sat me down.

Me, “So babe what’s going on? You sounded really nervous on the phone”

Caleb, “Listen I was talking to a friend and he’s starting up this new business. It’s a really good idea and I know that it’s going to blow up. He already has some people working with him and they have some clients”

Me, “What type of business is it?”

Caleb, “It’s a sports agency”

Me, “Okay”

Caleb, “So they know that I’m good with money and what I do and they asked me if I would be interested in partnering up with them”

Me, “Okay, so that’s cool. I know that you love sports, what’s the problem”

Caleb, “Well they would want me to move down to Austin to work for them. They haven’t reached LA yet and I would have to move”

Me, “Wow Austin is far, that’s crazy. What did you say?”

Caleb, “I didn’t answer them. I told them that I had to speak with you first because I know that it’s crazy but we can make this work”

Me, “Well you are going to be thousands of miles away and working crazy hours. How are we going to make this work?”

Caleb, “We can’t deny that we are attracted and honestly love and care for each other. From the first day that I met you I told you my feelings toward you”

Me, “I know but we all know how hard long distance relationships work and I have all the kids and a life that’s just starting to get settled here. I don’t want to hold you back”

Caleb, “That’s why I was thinking that maybe we could move there together, like we both know what we want in life and I want you and the kids. I know that I want to wake up to you every day and just be able to have you by my side and the kids. I want to be able to take them to soccer games and scream at them when they get bad grades, and take them to get ice cream on the weekends. I don’t want to miss out on them”

Me, “move to Texas, that’s a huge step and I don’t know if I would be able to do that. I mean they all have a life here and their dad is here. I wouldn’t feel right with just taking them out of school and moving them so far away from their dad”

Caleb, “So you are saying that you would never really see us having a future?”

Me, “No I never said that. I just don’t know if taking such a drastic move would be a good thing of the kids. How long do you have before you have to make a decision?”

Caleb, “Well it honestly sounds like you just aren’t ready for the move. I mean the kids can go anywhere and have their dad meet them or communicate with them. It sounds like you just don’t want to hang and live with me. Is that the real problem?”

Me, “No that’s not the problem. It’s just that I have kids and I can’t just make fast decisions like this.I need to talk to them and talk to their father. I can’t just run off and live with you because what happens if things don’t work out? what happens if one day you wake up and realize that you don’t want to always have to deal with kids? What if you lose interest in them and then I’m just stranded in Texas? I can’t have that happen to me again”

Caleb, “I have the whole summer to make a decision about this. what is going to convince you that we should make this? What do I have to do?”

Me, “Okay now that you talk about that I have a proposition to make to you. It may definitely sound strange at first but if we can make it through this trip then I know that we can make it in Austin”

Caleb, “What is it?”

Me, “So I had dinner with Trey a couple nights ago and he wants to take the kids out to Australia over the summer. He invited me over to come along and he knows that we are dating. If you would come along and just see what it’s like on a normal basis and we can make it through without too much then I will highly consider moving with you”

Caleb, “So a vacation with your ex and the kids is what I need to get through for you to move with me? That’s  a bit strange but I can make it happen”

Me, “Okay, but I would also need to talk to the kids now and speak to Trey. In all honesty if you two were to meet and clear any tensions then I would be a little more comfortable with the summer trip and the move”

Caleb, “Babe you really have me doing work, but if I didn’t love you I wouldn’t be doing this”

 Me,  “You are the one that said that you were all into breakin down barriers and wanted to be open and free. This is my life and it’s complicated and messy but hopefully you can help me make it free and breezy”