The Wife

The next morning I woke up early and decided to head to the gym with one of my girls named Michelle. She had been going through her own relationship drama and I was sure that she would be able to help me out. When I left the house I saw that Trey’s car was home but I really wasn’t in the mood to go and hunt him down and get answers. I would catch up with him later and get some real answers to all this craziness. When I reached the gym the place was nearly packed but Michelle was waiting for me.

Michelle, “Girl long time no see. I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages”

Me, “I know girl. You know I be running all over town doing business and trying to keep that money flow nice. How have you been?”

Michelle, “Things could be better but you know I can’t complain. I was surprised that you wanted to come out so early”

Me, “Why wouldn’t I, you know that I love to get my work-outs on. I gotta stay good looking for myself if I don’t do it for anyone else”

Michelle, “So I was talking to Cali and she told me the good news. Have you told Trey yet?”

Me, “Listen that man is too much. I really don’t understand him and his thought process. But listen let’s not talk about him I came to check up on you”

Michelle, “Girl don’t even get me started with the men I’m dealing with”

Me, “So what happened between you and Jason? I thought that he was going to start working less and try and help out more around the house, what happened?”

Michelle, “That man is a total waste of time. If it wasn’t for Kayla and Demarco I would have packed my bags and left him months ago”

Me, “But how old are they? I’m sure that they would understand if you two broke up”

Michelle, “I’m sure that they would. It’s just that I’m not sure Jason is willing to be on time with his money if we broke up”

Me, “What are you talking about?”

Michelle, “Right now I’m taking about 40% of his paycheck and saving the money for various things. If we broke up I know that he would try to fight me for child support and alimony so I wouldn’t know what to expect financially from him. I would rather just stay with him and get that easy money then try to fight him”

Me, “But he doesn’t know that you are doing this right?”

Michelle, “Hell no girl. I think he thinks that the money is going to taxes. Plus he has his stupid ass cousin as his accountant and she hardly knows what she’s doing. It’s a pretty easy thing to do. I’m sure that you could string Trey along if you wanted to”

Me, “I don’t know. He’s a bit more serious about how he spends his money and who he spends it with or for”

Michelle, “So tell him that you are making a baby fund. You want a shared account and when you set it up make sure that you are the head person on the account. That way you can tell the bank what percentage of his money you want put into the account”

Me, “Damn girl you are just like Shani”

Michelle, “Please Shani aint got nothing on me. But she did tell me that you are running some numbers on Trey. I thought that you were moving away from the game”

Me, “Yeah me too. But then i started to realize that he wasn’t who he said he was and I know that he’s lying to me. That can either mean that he’s cheating on me or he’s in some deep shit”

Michelle, “He’s to sweet to be into anything deep. Like when you first met him he was just stringing along to his baby momma. You got him serious in like two months and then you two rushed into a marriage”

Me, “So that just leaves him to be a cheater. if there’s one thing that I hate it’s a cheater”

Michelle, “So go ahead and start collecting that money. I know that there has to be an infidelity clause in your pre-nup”

Me, “We never had a pre-nup. It was just like we went and got married. That was it”

Michelle, “Girl that means unlimited money  if you divorce his a**. Yo this is going to be amazing”

Me, “But I don’t know if I want to divorce him if we have a kid on the way. Like that’s a lot to take on and I’m not trying to do that all on my own. I’m going to have to find another man”

Michelle, “Look I’m having a dinner party next weekend. Why don’t you two come and give him a taste of his own medicine. I’m sure that if he sees you with someone and you’re openly flirting then he’s going to feel some type of way”

Me, “You know that’s not such a bad idea”