Chapter V

High King II

Prior to Jiwoo's retinue entering the great hall. Out of all the royal summons,Heejin and her bannermen are the first one to answer.

she gracefully enter the Great Hall and behind her walk her 4 principal bannermen,led by her Uncle Haeil or better known as Black Hare,Lord Mayor of Daejeon,carrying Heejin's banner that flutters by the wind from the Great Hall's window

under the banner,stood three other men beside Haeil.

Jang Hanbin or Hanbin the Hunter,Lord Mayor of Chungju. lean and balding man with a short, bristly grey beard,Contributed greatly during Geom's conquest of Gangwon Province. The High King remember Hanbin as a narrow man but iron willed, shrewd and capable,and is considered one of the finest battle commanders in Goryo Peninsula. he prizes courage and martial ability, which causes him to despise and exiled his eldest son, Hanjae because of his cowardice and softness.

Jin Hosung,Lord Mayor of Jincheon. A man with almost similar physical appearance with Hanbin,difference being he still got his hair,long grey with streak of black and his face is clean shaven. Another veteran from the pacification of Gangwon Province. Hanbin's bitter rival, the Laughing Shield...the High King remember him,relentless,fought multiple man every so often, breaking into booming laughter the moment they touched his shield. He also exiled his queer eldest son,going so far as to forgetting his name entirely. He later had a daughter,the same aged as Heejin, Haeun she was named. She served as Heejin's lady-in-waiting and she was present among Heejin's retinue that day.

The High King welcomed and warmly greets these three men,Black Hare especially. But for the last men,he's not really fond of.

Je Il-Sung,Lord Mayor of Jecheon. According to Seonnok,he was a handsome and once-powerful-looking man who has since turned to fat.He has curly brown hair and cuts his beard, which has white and grey specks in it, into a triangular shape.

The High King noted his jovial personality.Yet,Ilsung always thinks himself a great warrior,although his reputation rests solely on the victory in the pacification of Gangwon province during Geom's Conquest, which had largely been won by Hanbin and Hosung's men before Ilsung even arrived at the battlefield.

ambitious power hungry oaf and glory-thief..the High King cursed him in his head. The gall of this man,he once offered to betrothed his 3rdborn son to my sweet Heejin before she even bled. He'd be long dead by my sword if only Heejin didn't take a liking to him because of his family surname. After the formal pleasantries has done,the High King return to sit on the Bannerseat.

"Now,on to the pressing matter. The purpose of this Royal summon..i summon the Governor of Northern Chungcheong and her bannermen to inform my decision to make the Black Hare as the newest member of my Fingers. Replacing my bed-ridden brother in law Sir Hwang Yohan."