Chapter I

High King I

t'was a somber morning at the High King's Palace. Gyeongbokgung it's better known as.
the sun was halfway at the height of a man's head.

stood tall and brooding over a map of his domain at the wall in his chamber,adorned on it's frame by the Orient Vastland dragon's embroidery.

Upon seeing more closely, the dragon have ten talons,gripping a shield bearing 13 sigil of various color and pictured in it various kinds of animals.
Frog,whitebird,wolf,swan,cat,fish,owl,hare,penguin,bat and a butterfly.

The High King,long silver-grey haired due to old age,his face is stern with faint hint of scars scattered everywhere,particularly in his right eye and right side of his face,these faint scar merging with wrinkle.

tall and broad shouldered,once muscled like a maiden's fantasy,his physique is waning due to old age,but he still stood tall unhindered.

gently stroking his long grown beard that extend down to his chest, overseeing His Realm that he conquered.
whom also the land that His sons and daughters rule,since his conquest,his coronation and the old king hope, until the end of time.

his fierce deep brown hazel eyes were entirely focused on one point on the map,Hamgyong Province.

but his mind wander off deep elsewhere

as his realm and his people arise from slumber and resuming each of it's own duties. the High King was kept awake the entire night. Troubled.

the arrival of an envoy from the Empire of Orient Vastland was coming yesterday. bear with him a word that a new Dynasty has taken over the Emperor's throne.

Nothing new,thought the feared Conqueror, these Vastlander are quarrelsome,even more so than the people he now ruled. he knew it himself,after so many years spent warring in these land as mercenary to various regional lords.

Traditionally,the ruler of Goryo Peninsula is a tributary vassal of the Empire.
as dynasties fall and rise during Geom's long reigns,due to his revered,feared and respected reputation,these Emperors treat him the same as his reputation command.
there's usually a couple agreement put in place by a new Emperor through his envoy to the High King.

first,the newly crowned Emperor's envoy usually asked for continuation of safe passage for Vastlander merchant in his trade routes,by land and sea.
to be allowed to sell their wares in the Royal Cities of Suwon,Seoul and Daegu.

there is another City that was part of the Royal Mayorie,the collective name of cities that ruled directly under or held personally by the High King.

Sejong the city called,named after the Great King Sejeong himself. but the High King forbade the Vastlander to do their business there. as he consider the city as 'sacred'. like everything else related to Great King Sejeong.
thus,only Goryoan are allowed to go there. the Emperors never object to this exclusion.