I shook my head. Instantly I felt Jordan mind-linking me into our private Alpha-Beta conversation. I looked at his face and realized maybe I should ‘answer the call’ to understand why he looked so...pitiful.

You don’t remember, Corey, man? He asked, actually sounding taken back.

No but I can feel the sex in the air. I joked. He didn’t laugh. Make everybody leave and we’ll talk.

He nodded. “Everyone you gotta go. Blakely’s fine and we gotta do some patrolling!” when everyone didn’t listen he shook his head. “GO!” he shouted and the wolves, she-wolves and pups followed them out except for the girl—Corey—who looked reluctant to leave Jordan. He nodded at her and kissed her forehead.

I winced at their exchange, at the love they so clearly shared with each other. It obviously wasn’t just sex. They were obviously mated to each other.

“You don’t remember Corey?”

I thought before I answered. Maybe we got really hammered and I ended up too drunk for my own good—causing my pack to freak out and Jordan to find his mate. That would be the only plausible reason for me to not remember anything from... “Er, truth be told—I don’t remember anything since we crossed the border.”

“You don’t remember the joining ceremony?” Joining Ceremony?

The Joining Ceremony was a ceremony that always happened when a pack member had found their mate. It would just be a party and an official ceremony would happen—with all the power and the works to officially accept the mating in the pack. It was a pretty important ritual.

“You and...Corey? You’re already Joined?”

He nodded, looking proud. “You did it yourself, man. You met...you met Elle there.” He said quietly.

Who was Elle? My Beta looked at me pitifully and I realized that he wouldn’t be telling me anything...anytime soon. Well okay, if you wanna play that card.

And I began to dig his mind.
~Begin Jarred’s Intrusion to Jordan’s Mind~
The music blasted off the shelves. There were people making out—grinding and doing alot of nasty shit in the dancefloor. Jordan tightened his hold on the girl in his arms. His heart beat for her.

Another girl came from behind them. She was beautiful. Well beyond even—her dark hair was mussed yet it kind of suit her. Her brown eyes searched the room and she said her goodbyes to Jordan and his mate before heading forward towards the bar.

~End Jarred’s Intrusion to Jordan’s mind~

I actually felt sick to my stomach. When I saw that girl’s face—I don’t know, you could say my heart stopped. I mean—wow, how could anyone be so gorgeous? That shit should be illegal! She walked around like she didn’t care about the world yet didn’t act stuck up about it. Instead she kept herself in her own little world.

Jordan studied me. Why would he be thinking about that? You know what people say about eavesdroppers? Well it’s true...you shouldn’t listen and in my case—intrude—on someone else’s conversations—let alone their thoughts. Because it was so true.

You wouldn’t like what you see.

“Who was that girl?”

Jordan grinned. “Noticed her huh?” he winked. “That’s Elle.”

“I’m supposed to know her how?” I tried hard to think of where I’d seen her. Maybe I’d had a one night stand with her and I fucked her over or something? Maybe it was why I felt like shit? But I wouldn’t forget someone as stunning as she was...no. That beauty would surpass any.