Chapter 18:

Depuis le début

Not wanting to be left out on this conversation, Shin too introduced himself, along with Shana.

"Yo! My name is Shin, and this here is Shana." <Shin>

"Hello child, I'm Shana." <Shana>

As if forgotten about it, she cough a bit and then finally introduced herself as well.

"Ehem. Sorry for my excitement, my name is Misomi. Is there anything I can help you with?" <Misomi>

"Well, we just left the elf village and are on our way out of the forest. So I was wondering if you know a nearby village or city that we can head to." <Iris>

She looked alternately between the 2 girls and Shin, before answering Iris. It looked like she was curious as to why an elf was with humans, since the 2 race rarely interact with one another. Nonetheless, there are still elves who are adventurers and are freely walking around the world.

"Bourzon Village is where I live, and it is not too far out of this forest. As for a city, it is about 3 days travel distance, thus it is quite far." <Misomi>

"Alright. Thank you for the directions, Misomi. We will make our way to Bourzon village then." <Iris>

After getting information on a place to go to, they said their farewells and separated.

As the 3 of them left, Misomi look at their backs as they walk away. She then remembered something that she should have warn or told them about, but could not find the answer. So she just shrugged it off and continued picking up mushrooms and plants.

...

Not long after departing from Misomi, they were almost out of the forest. However along the way, they again saw Misomi. They decided to not approach her since she might have ran ahead o them to collect more of the mushrooms and plants.

But once again, they saw Misomi. They finally got curious on how she was always ahead of us despite having the need to take her time to pick up mushrooms and plants. The thought of her following them was impossible, since she look the same as went they first met, she was so carefree on collecting and is oblivious to her surroundings.

When they got close, Iris again spoke up to her.

"Hey there, Misomi!" <Iris>

Just as before, she got startled and jumped up. She did the same and examine each of us before complimenting Shana for her beauty. After that she asked,

"How did you know my name? I've never met you people before." <Misomi>

Hearing her say that, the 3 of them looked at each other in confusion.

"But we just met not too long ago? We even exchange introductions, don't you remember?" <Iris>

Still making a "I have no idea what you are talking about face", she thought for a moment and then realized something.

"Ah! I think you might have met my other clone." <Clone Misomi>

"Other clone...?" <Iris>

"Yes. Our Original has a Sacred Ability called [Multiply], and she use it to make multiple clones to help her gather Food and Plants." < Clone Misomi>

"Ohh... Interesting..." <Shin>

Shin already thought how interesting the Original Misomi was. Shana on the other hand, understood what Shin was thinking and just chuckled.

Shin then used [Scout] and surveyed the area around him. Since the parameter he could detect was very wide, he was able to see most of the forest. He then counted the number of similar being like Misomi. A technique to detect only a specific being that the user intend to look for.