35- Breaking point.

Saihara's POV:
It took some time, but me and Ouma adjusted to living at his house. It was a routine, almost. His mom would be gone by the time I was awake, and come back around time for dinner.

A few weeks ago was Kaede's, Rantaro's, Ryoma's and Tsumugi's funerals. I honestly didn't want to go. I didn't want to be reminded of what I had caused, what the killing game had caused.

"Why don't you wanna go? Isn't it what they would want?" Ouma had asked me.

"I... I don't know." It still seemed impossible. People I had just met at the time died... and it left me emotionally numb in a way. I didn't know how to feel about it. Their faces had started to get blurry over the two month since I've seen them alive. Even though I didn't know any of them very well, they still befriended me. I had still hung out with Rantaro. Kaede had helped me along with Ouma to uncover the mastermind. Ryoma and I were on good terms. Going to their funeral would just... I don't know. Kaede's execution replayed in my head, clouding my thoughts.

"Well, you can decide whether you want to go." Ouma didn't even seem the slightest bit sad. His voice had his normal sarcastic sounding tone to it, like he didn't even care. "I'm going to go get ready."

The purple haired dictator left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I sat atop the brown colored couch, and wondered what could possibly happen if I went. If I didn't go, the others from the killing game would be kind of confused, probably the wrong impression. But if I went, I'd have to face the reality of what had been caused. But I couldn't hide from the truth, that would only lead to more lies.

I had to face reality for what it was. I had to go.

By the time I made my decision, Ouma walked back into the room, his head perking up at me. He was fully dressed in a dark grey suit, complete with dark colored dress pants, and a blue tie.

(sorry if you don't like it, I just feel like you need some visuals for this part)

"Hey, don't stare at me like that, Saihara-chan!!" Ouma had teased. I didn't realize I was gazing at him so intently. I blinked a few times as I took a sharp intake of breath and sat up.

"I didn't expect you to dress so formally, Ouma." I tried to keep my voice steady as I stammered the words out.

"Well, it's a funeral. What did you expect me to wear?" Ouma questioned. Changing the subject, he took in a breath and said, "Have you decided to go, by the way?"

"Ah, yeah..." I had muttered. "I figured it would be best for everyone."

I had reluctantly ended up going, my stomach filling up with dread as we approached the area where the funeral took place. Seeing people I recognised made me feel a bit better. It was like I wasn't alone in this. But still... the entire time, it felt like I was watching myself in third person. Like it was from a movie, or book. It didn't feel real. Everything quickly went by, leaving me no time to react. It still felt like I was watching a movie, like I didn't even have any control over what I said, or what I did at all. My body ran on autopilot and didn't have any awareness or anything like that. As soon as it had happened, I found Ouma driving the two of us home, me in the passenger seat.