22- Clues to a Hidden Mystery: Part 1

Ouma's POV:
"A body has been discovered! Everyone, uh... make your way to the dorm area," Monokuma announces. I notice he's sweating a lot. Like he's really nervous about something. But why? "You guys can, er, start investigating." The monitor then shuts off as everyone stares at one another.

"So... it seems it happened again," Korekiyo states bluntly.

"Well, duh! We just heard the announcement!" Miu exclaims.

"Anyway... we should go check. After all, we're going to investigate soon," Kirumi suggests.

"Ah, you're right. We should go." Saihara grabs my hand firmly and runs to the dorm areas. Tenko and Himiko crowd around the doorway to the room. Saihara starts to walk a bit slower, scared of what he would find. I was nervous too, so I couldn't blame him.

"Hey, it'll be okay. We'll find the culprit," I say, trying to get the detective's hopes up."You're the Ultimate Detective, right? You can do it."

"Stop trying to sound like Kaede." Saihara stops walking and stares into the distance. "Because you're nothing like her."

"..." A long silence follows.

Shuichi sits down on the ground and puts his head in his knees. I can hear sniffles. "It's too much...I can't do this... not again..."

"Yes you can Shuichi." I move his head up so he can face me.

"Everyday, I'm scared. That I'll be next. In fact, I'm even more vulnerable because I'm an Ultimate Detective. I'm surprised I wasn't the first one to get killed. And... I'm scared you'll be next too," Saihara says quietly.

"Listen. There's a reason you're my friend. You-" I start to blush a little and my cheeks grow hot. "You saw through my lies. I put on a mask for everyone to see, except you, who just looked right through me. And I like you for that. And do you know how you did that? It's because you're an Ultimate Detective. So... go be a detective and investigate the situation."

"Y-You think so? You're not lying?"

"I would never lie to you."

Wiping his tears away, Saihara smiles at me and stands up. "Thank you, Kokichi..." Suddenly, he hugs me. He's so warm... and soft. At first, I'm a bit surprised, but then I reach around and put my arms around him.

"Alrighty!" We release each other and I stand straight. (Stand... *straight*, get it? I'm not funny) Let's go investigate, shall we?"

Investigation START!

The two of us walked to the dorm room. "Ah!" Saihara makes a small sound when he sees the body.

 "Ah!" Saihara makes a small sound when he sees the body