14- Sexy Boi

Ouma's POV:
Despite the fact that everyone agrees there's no mastermind, there's no mistaking it. There has to be one. Otherwise, who was that I saw at the point of Rantaro's death?

Miu or Tsumugi. One of them. It has to be.

And, now that I recall, Miu has those steampunk like goggles, right? And I would've seen those in the silhouette. But I didn't, so...

It must've been Tsumugi. Somehow, she must've killed Rantaro.

I was always skeptical of Kaede's murder plan. Even if the shot put ball rolled along the books and all that, there's a very good chance it landed next to Rantaro. So how did he get killed?

That doesn't matter. But I need to see if Tsumugi is the mastermind.

I found Tsumugi near the girl's bathroom. She was about to go inside, but when she saw me, she stopped, which looked a bit suspicious to me. "Oh, hello Kokichi!"

"Hiiiii... I was wondering if I could hang out with you for a while," I say.

"Oh, you want to hang out with plain old me? Okay..."

We talked about cosplay for some time. Most of the time I was going along with what she was saying, not really listening. I'd like to say me and Tsumugi grew closer today, but if she's the mastermind like I think, then I don't think I really want to grow closer to her.

"Hey, Tsumugi?"

"Huh? What is it?"

"It's kind of odd, Kaede's way of killing Rantaro." I try to change the subject.

"A-Ah! D-Don't remind me about that!" Tsumugi says, looking scared.

"Buuuuut, think about it! Chances are, the shot didn't hit him. In fact, I don't think Kaede killed him at all!"

"H-Huh???" Tsumugi looks at me, confused. "But then... if we voted wrong, Monokuma would execute everyone, right?"

"No... I've already got it all figured out," I mutter. "Obviously, there's some sort of audience watching us. They wouldn't want us all to die, and the killing game to end that quickly!"

"A-Audience!" Tsumugi exclaims nervously. "Where- Where'd you get an idea plain like that?"

"Well, it is pretty obvious. Why else would Monokuma be such a stickler for the rules?"

"I-I... I guess so. But... why are you even telling plain old me about this?" Tsumugi asks, looking up at me innocently.

"No reason. You just seem least likely to be the mastermind, that's why," I lie.

"Yeah, there's no way I could have such a horrendous job, plain and simple," Tsumugi says. Of course, she must be lying too. I search her face for clues, but the problem is, she already looks nervous, whether she's lying or not. That was a smart move on her part, making her seem nervous on a regular basis, so she didn't look any different when she lies.

"Buuut... if you were the mastermind, what would you do?" I ask her, trying to pry out more information.

"You still think that there's a mastermind? I thought everyone agreed that there wasn't one."