Icarus Falls

10.

The flutter of angel's wings in the distance, jumping off the cliff, feeling freedom for the first time.

9.

The rush of the wind through his hair, a wide smile. He can touch the sky. He's free. And he feels alive.

8.

The sun warms his face, he closed his eyes. The god smiled down at him, watching the glint of his smile.

7.

The god below watches the boy, following along below, arms outstretched, ready to catch him if, when, he falls.

6.

The god above reached down to the boy, beckoning him closer. He whispered sweet nothings in his ear, poetic promises and compliments.

5.

The boy flew higher, the empty promises from the god above filling his heart, filling his mind, filling his soul.

4.

The god below reached higher, losing sight of the flying boy. His face creased with worry.

3.

Blisters burned on the boy's skin. Wax dripped on his shoulder. The flying boy tried to ignore the pain, his arms outstretched.

2.

The god below watched as the god above reached out to reach the boy. He tried to catch the falling boy.

1.

The falling boy closed his eyes, surrounded by fire and falling feathers. The cold water soothed his burns as he let the sea fill his lungs.

Icarus jumped,
Icarus flew,
Icarus fell,
Icarus drowned.

Falling for a god always ends the same way.

--Stardustedinkquills

https://stardustedinkquills.tumblr.com/post/168849804481/icarus-falls