The Goddesses Part 3

"Aphrodite," Athena said, looking up from her books. The pages on her desk fluttered as the door opened.

"Long time, no see, Athena," Aphrodite's flowery voice filled the wisdom goddess' ears, filling her with peace. Athena tried not to give into the power Aphrodite's voice held.

"What brings you here?" Her stormy grey eyes stared at the other goddess before her.

The exotic beauty and elegance that once graced the goddess of love had now been replaced by a plain and subtle beauty.

"I'm breaking some rules."

"You're taking the world back," Athena said, nodding slowly.

Aphrodite nodded, Athena always had a quick mind. Aphrodite's bright eyes were now dull, hearing the pain of more broken hearts. She felt like a clawed hand was squeezing her heart. She placed her hands on the desk, her knuckles turning white. "This world was once beautiful. What happened to it?" Her voice whispered.

"They grew. They evolved. They learned more. They strayed away from us," Athena closed her book and stood, walking around her desk to Aphrodite. "They no longer thirst for the knowledge they once wanted."

The wisdom goddess used to intimidate the love goddess. Not anymore. Her heart was hardened by the harshness of the world.

"Will you help me?"

"I'd be honored to follow you, Aphrodite."

--Rising-above-stars

https://rising-above-stars.tumblr.com/

The Rhythm of Immortalityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें