The Goddesses Part 5

"You haven't visited here in a long time, Aphrodite," Hades said as he stood from his obsidian throne. His voice was hard, dark. It echoed in the empty throne room.

His voice used to make the love goddess flinch, but not anymore. She had grown used to the sound of his voice. "I came to see Persephone."

"What for?" Another voice said.

The goddess of love turned around. Persephone, in all her youthful beauty, stood at the door.

"Seph..." Aphrodite breathed out, "I need your help."

"Why? What happened, Dite?" Worry creased the Queen's face, her voice matching Aphrodite's in sweetness. Persephone held more authority in her voice, that's what happens when you rule the world of the dead.

"I want to take back the earth."

"You're breaking the oath you made, Aphrodite," Hades said, walking towards his wife and his friend.

Aphrodite turned to face the King of the Underworld, a new type of fire in her eyes.

"Your brothers are nowhere to be found, Hades," she challenged. Hades raised an eyebrow, he'd never seen this side of Aphrodite.

"She's right. I have not heard from any of the other gods but you," Persephone said. She took Aphrodite's hands in hers. "I will join you. I will fight with you."

A warm smile spread across the love

goddess' face.

--Rising-above-stars

https://rising-above-stars.tumblr.com/