What of the Goddesses?

I. Hera makes ambrosia tea from her keurig for the girls who leave her house each morning, to cleanse all defilement from their lovely flesh. She watches them all leave, like what they've done is something to hide, Hera knows anyway. She will wake Zeus later and make black coffee for the both of them, and pretend the young women are just fantasies of a withering god. 

II. Athena has twenty tabs open in her web browser, monitoring the political climate. Wars are no longer fought on fields of wildflowers, they are held behind screens and in lines of code. She learned the language of code quickly, protecting those who hack valiantly from phishing sites and from a Trojan horse of a whole new kind. Athena's fingers are no longer calloused, but ice-cold hovering above her keyboard.

III. Aphrodite smells of expensive perfume and taste like vanilla lattes. She preaches self-love from her mall kiosk, selling bath bombs infused with rose and honey. She watches young girls skip meals and chase men who hurt them, and Aphrodite cries herself to sleep. When she can't sleep, she takes to the streets– which is far worse. She sees her name abused, used on products of defilement and artificial beauty.

IV. Persephone clings tighter to her husband in the cold nights of the winter and fall, knowing their days together are becoming fewer in number as the world's climate changes. Spring comes too early and summer stays too late, and all she can see is her mother's hollow smile. There can only be one queen in the warm months, and pomegranates aren't in season during the summer. Persephone isn't the only one affected by this arrangement; Hades quivers like a leaf under her first touch each fall.

--Falling--icarus

https://falling--icarus.tumblr.com/