30

we're almost at the end now, guys! Just a few more chapters to go... 

What do you think about getting to 1k reads before then??

Love you xxx

-----------------------------

The sound of my mothers sobbing pierces my ears, violently reminding me of what happened moments ago. My heart beats a hundred miles a minute, my hands shaking. I rock back and forth, my knees tucked up to my chest.

I hear the ambulance before I see them, and it's not long before the red van pulls up my driveway. One of the attendants run out over the grass, but pauses before me.

"The kitchen," I mumble, my voice breaking.

She barges inside, followed by the other attendant. I don't want to know what they're doing.

A second ambulance pulls up, but right behind them, is the car I'm truly waiting for.

"Lucy!"Oliver calls.

He runs over to me, sliding onto the bench beside me. I lean into him, digging my face into his chest.

"Oh, baby, oh baby," he repeats, running his hand over my hair.

I grip onto his shirt, wanting him closer and closer. He picks me up, placing me on his lap. He rocks me back and forth.

"Shh, shh," he says. "Liam's on his way."

I didn't know I was crying until now. I try to suck in a breath, but it stifles in my throat.

"It's okay, it's okay."

I squeeze I to him, trying to hide from the world. She pets me, keeping me safe from all the drama happening around me.

"I hate this, I hate this," I sob.

"I know, I know. The police are here."

"They're going to take my mum," I cry.

"Shhh."

"She can't go to jail."

"We'll get her the best lawyers every, okay? Don't you worry."

Oliver mumbles something at a police officer, but I can't decipher it. I look up, and watch the officer enter the house.

"They want to talk to you," he says.

"No, no," I sob.

"Don't worry."

A paramedic steps out of the house, but he's not alone. They bring my father out, secured on a mattress. I want to look away, but I can't.

They've put an oxygen mask on him, and cut off his shirt. there's blood all over his chest.

"Where are you taking him?" Oliver asks.

"Florida Central," one of them say.

The police bring my mum out next, in handcuffs. She's still crying, but I can't blame her.

"I'm so sorry, Lucy, I'm so sorry," she says.

I shake my head at her, trying to tell her it's okay, but no words come out. I look away, not wanting to see them put her in the car.

Another office appears, and blocks the front door with yellow tape.

"Is that really necessary?" Oliver asks.

"Sorry, this place is a crime scene now."

I gape at him, watching the officer walk over to his car.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?"

I nod, slowly climbing off him. My body is still trembling. Oliver holds me, making sure I don't fall. He guides me to the car, and sits me down in the passenger seat. He closes the door, but doesn't go to the passenger seat just yet. He speaks to one of the police officers first, motioning over to me.

The ambulances sirens go on, and I watch it drive over the road. I can't believe my father is in there.

Finally, Oliver returns to me, and I grab his hand without a second thought. We drive off, the car silent.

He was the second person I called. The first being the ambulance. he only just left, so he couldn't be far.

I can't believe how quickly it went. I was speaking to my mother one moment, and the next, she's stabbing her husband. My father. Trying to murder him.

I shake my head, staring out the window. I don't want to be here anymore. I just want to disappear.

Oliver's phone rings over the car speaker, and he answers.

"Lucy and I are on our way to the hospital."

"Is she okay? Give me an update," Liam says.

"She's still shaking, but she's not crying anymore. She's not talking much, either," Ollie responds. "Your mums been taken to the police station, and your father is alive."

"Thanks man, I'll meet you at the hospital."

The call ends, and I flip my head over to look at Oliver,

His forehead is wrinkled, his eyebrows scrunched together. The hand I'm not holding is on the wheel, gripping it so tightly his knuckles are white.

"I love you so much, Oliver," I whisper.

"I love you too, baby," he says. "You're so strong."

"I want this all to be over. I don't want to talk to the police."

"I know, baby, I know," he groans. "They won't come to the hospital. I told them we'd come to them when we know more about your father."

I nod, but don't respond. I just want to get the hell out of here.