19

Guuuuys! Thank you so much! This book is doing so much better already!!

Love you guys <3

-----------------------

"This is so tasty," I moan, taking another bite of the tiramisu.

"They serve this every year," Alex grins. "It's the best."

"You were right," Ari says. "This food is delicious."

I finish up my dessert, savouring every bite. It really is incredible. In fact, all the food tonight has been. I've had all kinds of meals I've never even heard of before, but they were all tasty.

The auction is almost over. They've only got two or three more products to auction off, which they'll do once dessert is over. I'm honestly not sure if I'll last that long, but I'm trying.

Turns out, auctions are not my thing. It's been fairly enjoyable, and they've raised so much money, but it also makes me feel guilty for not being able to contribute anything. It makes me kind of sad.

Each of the boys has bid on some things, but they haven't all won. Mary and Liam got a trip to the Bahama's though, and Oliver got some kind of fancy watch. At least, he paid a shit tonne for it.

So far, they've raised just over five million dollars.

I was absolutely baffled when I heard the prices the items were going for. It's much more than you'd usually pay for something. One person bought a sailboat, for about the price of a small apartment! Of course, they do it for charity, but damn. That's expensive. I later recognised the buyer as a Jerry Seinfeld! Jerry Seinfeld! How crazy is that?

I've also spotted a few other celebrities, but also a lot of sports people and musicians. I'm pretty sure I saw Alex speak to Paul McCartney before. It's crazy. Absolutely insane.

"You want some more?" Oliver asks, offering me some champagne.

"Yes, please."

I hold my glass out to him, but instantly drink it. I love champagne. I've had four glasses already, but I've balanced it out with water.

"Are you having a good night?" I ask him.

We've barely spoken all night. He's been walking around a lot, talking to all his guests. And when he is sitting down, we've been eating.

"Yeah," he nods, his eyebrows furrowing. "Are you?"

"Uh-huh," I smile. "Everything looks so classy."

He chuckles but doesn't respond. It's not the deep laugh that I fell in love with, but a more shallow, almost uncertain one.

"Holy shit," Mary gasps. "Is that The Weeknd?"

I follow the direction of her eyes, and sure enough, the Weeknd is sitting on the other side of the room, sipping his own champagne.

"We partied together in New York last year," Alex says. "He's a great dude."

"Does that mean Bella Hadid is here too?" Ari asks. "I love her!"

"They broke up," Kal says.

"Aw," Ari pouts. "You've got all the gossip, don't you?"

"I'm pretty sure Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus are getting back together," he smirks.

"No!" Ari gasps.

I laugh at them, turning over to Ollie to include him in the conversation, but he's not there anymore. I look around the room, trying to see who he's talking to this time. I spot him beside the stage, ducking into the kitchen.