3

I pace around in my bedroom, my heart thumping in my chest. it'd be great to have some kind of support right now, but Aretta is at work, and Mary and Liam are locked in her room.

I stare at myself in the mirror, taking in my olive coloured skirt and the white top it's matched it with. The skirt is a little tight, slightly emphasising my stomach.

I love how I look, especially with the hip dips at my side. They've only just appeared, and I love them.

Okay, Lucy, I tell myself. Take a deep breath, and just do it.

I sigh, grab my phone, and walk out of my room. I hurry down the stairs, not wanting to hear anything from Mary's room. The main house is about a five-minute walk, so I don't bother taking the car.

Yeah, that's how big the property is. A five-minute walk from house to Olivers.

Eventually, the white and grey house appears in my view, the pillars of the Georgian house peeking out between the trees. It looks like it should be a museum or something.

Last time I was here, I was barging through the house searching for Oliver.

I haven't bothered coming this far into the property the entire time I've lived here, and I didn't have a reason to before that, either.

The doors are unlocked, so I don't bother knocking, and just push one of the two open. I step onto the marble tiles, eyeing the giant double staircase leading upward. The chandelier hanging between them is lit, but shaking slightly. There's loud music coming from somewhere in the house.

I want to call out for them, but I wouldn't want Oliver to hear me. I'm not even sure if he's home, but I'm not going to risk it. Instead, I follow the sound of the music, between the stairs and into the living room. This room itself is the size of a ballroom, but it's not where the music comes from.

Alex and Kaleem are outside on the grass, both of them shirtless. Alex holds up some work out pads, and Kal kicks them repeatedly.

Liam's right. Alex is huge. His hair is shaved into a buzzcut, making him look even more masculine. Kal's also grown stronger, but at least he still looks human. The only major difference in his appearance is the faded hairstyle replacing his usual classic dreadlocks.

I push open the door, instantly catching their attention.

"Hey, boys," I grin.

"Lucy!" Kal cheers, running over to me. He abandons his boxing gloves, and throws his arms around me, accidentally shoving my face into his armpit.

"Gross!" I grumble, wriggling away from him.

He laughs at me, letting me go.

"I can't believe you were there to meet us this morning!" Alex says, pulling me into him.

"I was so drunk last night," I laugh, returning his hug.

"Mary told us all about it," he chuckles.

"I missed you so much," Kal grins, messing up my hair.

"I missed you too!" I call, fixing it. "You should've come over this morning!"

"We did," he says. "You were so out of it."

"We should've expected it, considering-"

"Bro!" Kal cuts him off.

They're talking about Oliver.

"It's okay, it's okay," I assure them. "I just wish I could've seen you."

"Well, we're here now!" Kal grins.

"And we have lots of catching up to do," I say, eyeing Alex. "We need to talk about this new look."

"You don't like it?" he asks.

"I didn't expect it. What happened to sweet, quiet Alex?"

"Oh, he's still sweet and quiet," Kal snickers. "He just got bored in Milan."

"You went to the gym to avoid boredom?" I gasp. "I can't think of anything more boring!"

"Liams the same," he says. "He hates the gym."

"And rightfully so!" I laugh.

"It must run in the family, but I think that's where the similarities end," Alex jokes.

"Hey!" I defend.

Liam is known for being mature and responsible - the middleman, while I am known for having fun and exaggerating.

"I'm teasing!" he laughs.

"Let's go in," Kal says. "It's lunchtime."

"You don't want to finish your workout?" I ask.

"Nah, we have a lot of catching up to do!"

I follow the boys back inside, and into the kitchen hidden behind the display kitchen. Yeah, you heard that right.

Alex pulls out some pop tarts, and I hop up on the counter.

"Are you guys happy to be back?" I ask.

"Definitely," Kal snickers. "I liked Milan, but the weather is better here."

"I don't know," Alex sighs. "I'm happy to be back, but I'm afraid the dating scene is different."

Ka scoffs. "he's always thinking about boys."

I laugh at them, watching Alex scowl at him.

"Whats the dating scene like there?" I ask.

"He dated a lot," Kal answers for him. "More than I did."

Back in high school, Kal was known to sleep around. He's never really been in a serious relationship. I don't think Alex has either, to be honest, but at least longer relationships than Kal.

"I knew all the gay bars over there," Alex says. "but here, I only know like two."

"Well, that's okay, we can explore!" I encourage.

"You never wanted to party with us before!" Kal calls.

"Because guys in clubs are gross," I wrinkle my nose. "But guys who don't hit on me, I can handle."

"Sounds like we're going to hit the clubs!" Alex grins.

"Oh shit, that reminds me," Kal says. "We're having a barbeque here tomorrow night, you're invited, obviously. Aretta, too."

"To celebrate you guy being back?" I ask.

"It was Liam's idea. All the gang in one place."

"That's so cute!"

Except Oliver will be there.