Chapter 42 - The Funeral

"David you are such an idiot" I laugh at David running around is living room with a lightsaber in his hands. He jumps up onto the couch and thrashes the saber through the air a few more times before jumping down and running around again. 

God he is one cute Jedi. 

He runs up behind me and softly places the lightsaber against my throat. The other arm wrapped around my torso. 

"What's the magic words?" he says seriously into my ear. 

"Please Mr Dobrik" I giggle, knowing that's not what he wants. 

"Do you wish to die Young Anna Jedi?" he says seriously again, trying not to laugh. 

"No Jedi David" I giggle. 

"Then, what are the magic words?" he repeats.

"I love you" I whisper pulling the lightsaber from under my chin and dropping it to the ground. 

"Sorry? I didn't hear you" he says, sticking if nose up. 

"I said.." I start, pulling his head down to look at me, his face in my hands. "...I love you" I say again. 

"I love you more" he says leaning in for a kiss. I quickly duck down and pick up the lightsaber and start running around. 

"Oh you're gonna get it" he giggles chasing after me and pulling me onto the couch. He gets on top of me and sits on my knees. He starts tickling my stomach and soon moves up to under my chin. 

"DAVID!!" I laugh, trying to breathe. 

"DAVID!" I yell again. 

"ANNA! Anna wake up" I wake up to Alex shaking my gently, waking me from my dream. 

"Mmmm what?" I grumble at Alex. 

"You were screaming out for David again" he sighs, taking my hand in his. "This has been going on for too long, I think you need to go and see someone" he says softly. 

"Alex, we have been over this. I'm fine. It's normal for this to happen, I've googled it" I reason with him. 

"I just don't think is healthy, this is the tenth time" he pleads. 

"No Alex, I'm not going to someone and putting my problems on them" I say sternly. 

"You're not putting your problems on them, it's their job!" he raises his voice. 

"Look can we not have this conversation right now.." I look over at my phone to see it is 4am. "...we have a big day today and it's 4am" I continue. "And we both know we need the sleep" I finish. 

"Fine but we are talking about this later" he says laying back down on his mattress that was on my floor.

Since the night after David died. I have been having these dream/ night terror/ nightmares. Some of them are nice memories, others are my imagining what his crash would have looked like, some are what we could have been in the future. But they all result in my calling out for him. So since it woke my apartment neighbors because I was so loud, Alex has been sleeping in my room so when it starts he can stop it straight away. And after I can never get back to sleep. 

I lay there for two hours staring at my ocean poster on my ceiling until my alarm goes off at 6am, signally to start to get ready for David's funeral today. 

This was going to be the worst day of my life. I have to face his family, other friends and say goodbye officially, all in one day. I didn't know if I could do this.