Chapter 27 - David's in Love

I took a sharp breath in. He loves me? Am I dreaming? Did I just hallucinate? I looked back at David. "You what?" I whispered in disbelief. 

"Is it really that hard to believe? That I love you?" he says, with almost a sad look on his face.

"I-I... Like why-y-" I stutter to try and find the right words. I see David's jaw clench. "I just don't understand. I thought what we had going was working well for us both" i say softly, fidgeting with my hands. 

"Anna, I have loved you this whole time, that's why it's been working so well" he explains, taking a deep breath out. 

"I'm sorry but I can't do this right now" i quickly get up off the couch and head for the front door. I feel someone grab my wrist and I turn around to see Alex, looking at me intently. 

"Don't push him away" he says. "Don't push us away" he rephrases. I look down at his hand on my wrist and look back up at him. 

"I'm not, I just need to go" I tell him, pulling my wrist from his grip. i turned around and walked out the door. I went to my apartment to grab my bag and keys before walking back out again. i pull my phone out of my pocket and dial Logan's number, it rings until he answers. 

Phone call with Logan:

Logan: Babe, stop stressing, my nose isn't even broken. I just left the clinic and I'm on my way back to the apartment.

The way he called me babe and the happiness in his voice made me cry.

Anna: N-no just go back to your place, I'll meet you there. 

Logan: Anna what's wrong? You sound like you're crying.

Anna: I'll explain when we meet back at yours. Love you.

Before he could even reply I ended the call and rushed to my car.

End of phone call.

I pull the seat belt over my body and start the engine. I plug my phone into the AUX cord and start blaring Nicki Minaj. While wrapping to 'Only' I speed out of the carpark and head to the highway.

...

I pull into the start of Logan's driveway and say hello to the two men in the guardhouse. Once the let me through I parked next to the red challenger. I unplug my phone, grabbed my phone and stepped out of Mia. I walk past the Yeti and up to the front door. I knocked three times before Evan opened the door. 

"Anna?" he said looking at me in the eyes. My eyes well up and I sink to the floor. "Oh Anna" he says, pulling me into a hug. I quietly sob into his shoulder. He rubs my back up and down trying to sooth my breathing. I pull away and wipe under my eyes. I sit back and scoff at myself and Evan starts to laugh. "You really did miss me didn't you?" he laughs. 

"Yeah" I laughed, causing a few more tears to roll down my face. We both started to laugh until I saw Logan come around the corner. I tried to quickly wipe my tears away before he could see but it was too late. 

"Bub, what's wrong?" he walks faster towards me as I get off the floor. He goes to pull me into a hug but I step backwards avoiding the contact. "Anna?" he says with a confused look on his face, his arms falling to his sides. 

"We need to talk" I quiver, trying to hold my tears in. 

"We can talk soon, but can I please give my upset girlfriend a hug?" he says moving back towards me. As he gets closer I can see the small white strip across his nose, holding a gash together. I uncross my arms and walk into his grasp. He pulls my body into his rests his chin on the top of my head. "You're freezing" he says rubbing up and down my arms. His body heat starts to warm me up and I start to relax in his arms until he pulls away. "Okay come on" he says and grabs my hand to lead me up to his room. 

Once we reach his door he pulls me in and closes it behind me. He sits down on the bed but I stay at the door, standing. I take a deep breath in and out. 

"Shit Anna, if you are breaking up with me just do it" he says running his hands through his hair.

"No, no, no, no. I would never" I walk towards him and pulling his hands out of his hair and holding them. "I just I don't know what to do. I don't want this to change things between us because I love you and the feelings I have for him are very minor" I started. A worried look grew across his face. I looked down at our hands. "After you left earlier, I spoke to David, well first I actually slapped him. But after we started talking he told me that he loved me. And I don't love him at all, I love you, so, so much. But you asked for this relationship to be honest and open and I won't lie to you, there are feelings, but not nearly as strong as the love I have for you" I finish, moving my hands to his cheeks. 

"So you're not breaking up with me?" he breathes out in relief. 

"No, I told you. Unless you want this to be over" I trail off on the last few words. He places his hands over mine and looks me dead in the eyes.

"Why would you think that? As long as the feelings for David aren't serious than it doesn't bother me as much" he says, leaning his face into our hands. 

"Good, because I don't want this to ruin anything. I mean it may change things up for David and I's friendship but I'm sure we will figure it out" I say, letting out a huff. As I looked back up at his eyes, he leans in and kisses me. 

This kiss isn't like any one of the ones we have had before, it's soft and passionate. Almost like the kiss we shared when he had his break down. But it felt different, it felt like we belonged to each other. He pulled away but still held onto my face. 

"I love you so much you don't understand" he whispers, leaning his forehead on mine.

"I do understand because I love you more" I tell him with a small smile. 

"You're all mine" he says in between kisses. 

"I'm all yours" I tell him as we get under the covers. He reached over and grabbed his laptop to put on some Netflix. I snuggled into his chest as he logged put in his password. I intertwined our legs and wrapped my arms around his wide shoulders, reaching my hand up and leaving it in his hair. 

This is all I want. Him and I, us. 

OKAY I'M SORRY, I PROMISE THAT I WILL BE POSTING MORE REGULARLY BUT SOMEONE ASKED IN THE COMMENTS FOR MORE LOGAN SO THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS WILL HAVE A LOT MORE LOGAN IN THEM. BUT I HOPED YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, SHIT IS GETTIN PRETTY REAL WITH DAVID. BUT SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER :)))