Chapter 38 - Hospitals & Messy Hair

"So, the procedure won't take too long as we are the ones who placed the rod into your arm but your recovery may vary depending on the movement you have been doing with the rod in your arm" explains Doctor Richards, flipping through pages on his clipboard. 

"Thank you so much for looking after her Doctor Richards, it really means a lot to the both of us" David says, standing up to shake his hand. 

Anything for my patients Mr Dobrik" he replies, firmly shaking David's hand. Before leaving he said goodbye to me and swiftly walked through the door. 

I turn my head to look at David, he was focusing on something on his phone. He looked slightly frustrated. 

"Dave is everything okay?" I ask softly. 

"Yeah yeah, just stressed about uploading today" he replies quickly. 

"David go home, I'm fine here. I'll be out for most of the time anyway" I say, trying my hardest to convince him to go. 

"I am not leaving you here" he snaps in a serious tone. That makes me shut up. 

Suddenly a nurse strolls through the door with a needle in here hand, to knock me out for the operation. She comes up to me and explains the regular. 

The regular, I've been here too many times. 

I look over to David as the nurse stabs the needle into my skin, I wince slightly as tears form in my eyes but I hold them back from flowing out. David quickly rushes to my side and takes my hand in his. The medication starts to work as my vision becomes fogger and fogger. As I close  my eyes I hear David whisper. 

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, I love you. I'll be right here when you are done."

And with that everything goes silent and black. 

...

I groggily groan as I roll onto my side but soon stop as I squash my sore arm. 

"Ow shit" I say to myself as I lie on my back and open my eyes. 

I'm really starting to get sick of looking at hospital ceilings. They are so plain, sad and uneventful. Practically the opposite of my life. I slowly look to my left to see my hospital room door closed. I look to my left and see David passed out in a chair in the corner, not the first time. His laptop is still open on his lap and looks like it is about to slip off. I sit up in my bed, slowly down for a bit as my head begins to spin but soon comes to a stop. I hang my feet of the edge of the bed and slowly lower my toes on to the cold hospital floor. I mean this can't be bad for me, my legs were fine. I quietly walked over to David and took to laptop off his lap and placed it on the other chair next to him. He starts to grumble as he notices the movement and soon his eyes are wide open looking at me like I am a mad woman. 

"Anna what the hell are you doing up?" he said, he eyes filled with worry. He quickly gets up from his chair and gently cups my face in his hands. "Are you okay? How are you feeling? How is your arm?" he bombards me with questions. 

I place my hands over his and I can feel him slightly shaking. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and concern at his state. He seriously did look like a mess. Dark circles around his eyes, hair all over the place, lumps on his knuckles from the recent punches thrown. He wasn't good.

"I'm fine, last time I checked my arm got operated on, not my legs" I laugh try to hide my worry. "Are you okay? You're shaking and you don't look like... you" I pause. 

His hands fall from my face which disappoints me a tad but I get over it. His runs his hands through his hair slightly tugging at it. He looks down at the ground and lets a large breath out. My hand makes it way to his chin to lift his head up to look at me. 

"David please, go home" I plead him. He shakes his head. "Dave, please, you need some rest. Look at you, you're a mess. I will be fine here, all you are doing is making me worry about you" I said leaning my forehead against his. He looks directly into my eyes. His removes his hands from his hair and wraps them around my waist and pulls me into him. Trying to remove and space that was once in between us. I can feel his whole body softly shaking around me as he give me a long hug. "David please go" I whisper into his chest. 

"Fine" he sighs as he lets me go. He leaves a small peck on my cheek as he grabs his laptop off the chair and the rest of his belongings. I go back to my bed and lay down watching him. He really did look exhausted. He turns around and looks at me. A soft smile spreads across his face. "I'll be back in the morning to pick you up" he says walking up to me and holds on to my hand. I give him a small nod as he turns to leave. Once he reaches the door and pulls it open, I stop him. 

"Dave" I call out, making his turn back around.

"Yeah" he replies. 

"I love you" I say, with a small smile. 

"I love you more" he says with a grin. 

And with that he shuts the door behind him and his gone. I stare at my phone wondering what I'm going to do for the rest of the night. I click on my instagram and start scrolling through my feed as I hear as small knock at the door. I expect it to be David, coming back to tell me he is staying the night. 

"Come in" I say. 

The door opens and Logan walks into the room. I stiffen slightly but remind myself that it's okay. 

He looks quite tired. His shoulders are slumped and he also has dark circles under his eyes like David and his blonde strands are flying everywhere. 

"Hi" he says softly. 

"Hey" I reply softer. 

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I'll leave if you want me too" he says, looking up from the ground into my eyes. 

"No it's okay. We need to talk anyway" I say louder, becoming more comfortable with him being here. 

He pulls a chair from the corner and sits beside my bed, taking my hand in his. 

"Logan I don't think I can choose between you and David" I almost whisper. "I love you both so much, I can't even think about losing one of you. It would seriously break my heart" I choke out the last few words. 

"Anna, you can't keep both of us like this, even though David and I aren't each other's biggest fans, I think we can both agree that we can't stay like this for much longer" he sighs. 

"I know I just don't want to los-" he cuts me off.

"Lose one of us. Yes I know, but Anna I swear to god I will wait for you. If you choose him I will still wait for you. I will wait for when it doesn't work out and I will be here. I won't bother you if you do choose him but I will always wait" he says kissing the top of my hand. 

"Logan I can't do that to you, you can't just wait for me" I tell him. 

"I will, for as long as I have to" he immediately replies.

"I can't-" but he cuts me off again. 

"Shhhh, it's late you need to get some rest" he said softly. "But Anna?" he says. 

"Yeah?" I reply. 

"I need an answer soon because I don't think I can take this waiting and competing thing for much longer" he whispers. 

"I'll try" I tell him. 

"Okay, I love you" he says, leaning his head against the bed. 

"I love you too" I whisper back, shutting my eyes. 

And for the second time today, my world is swallowed in darkness. 

WELL WELL, TWO DAYS LATE BUT HERE WE ARE, ANOTHER CHAPTER. SO MAYBE LOGAN IS BACK IN THE GAME?? WHO KNOWS HONESTLY BECAUSE THE AUTHOR DOESN'T EVEN KNOW. I HOPE YOU KINDA ENJOYED THIS BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER SHALL BE OUT TOMORROW. I HOPE EVERYONE HAD OR HAS A GREAT DAY. LOVE YOU ALL AND PLEASE PRESS THE STAR AND COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS :)))))