Chapter 31 - Secrets

The drive back to the apartment block felt like it was hours long. Everything was going in slow motion and all I could think about was Logan's hands on Chloe. David kept looking in the mirrors, with a face of guilt. Alex told me that he was sorry, he didn't want to drive but either he drove or David was going drive, as drunk as a skunk. I understood. 

The car stopped and I looked out the window to see out apartment block, dead silent, no wonder it was four in the morning. Alex pulled into his parking spot and we sat there in an awkward silence for a least two minutes. 

"Okay fuck this" grunts David as he pushes himself out off the car seat. 

"David don't start" I hear Alex groan as we get out of the car. 

"Don't get me started Alex. She doesn't even care that he cheated on her" he screams throughout the car park, pointing at me.

"David can we not do this here, in the middle of the car park? Let's just take this upstairs" Alex says grabbing his arm to pull him into the elevator. David whips his arm out of Alex's grip and shoves him into the wall of the elevator. 

"Don't fucking touch me Alex, you don't understand" he yells at him from the corner of the elevator. I push myself more and more into the opposite corner of the elevator, trying to hide behind nothing. 

"I'm sick of this David! All you do is get drunk and then get angry. Ever since you and Liza broke up and I'm honestly done trying to look after your damaged ass" Alex finally snaps. 

"I never asked you to look after me Alex" David growls stepping closer to Alex. Argh I'm so sick of fighting. I step in between them, I take a big breath in and snap.

"You know what David, I'm sick of this shit too. All I wanted was to do was spend a few days with Logan because I wanted to figure out my feelings after you told me that you loved me"I started. 

"Anna-" David tried to cut in but I keep going. 

"No, listen. I wanted to spend time with him because David, I do have feelings for you but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't know how strong they were. David I know that you are still hurt from Liza and I don't want to hurt you again because you honestly deserve so much better than my wreck of a life. So please just calm yourself down, because I don't want you worry about problems that aren't your own. Also, how long have you known about what happened between Logan and Chloe?" I say with a quiver in my voice at the end. 

"Firstly Anna, I do have to worry about you because you are my problem, because I can't stop thinking about you, literally all the time. And I heard him on the phone when he was walking down the hall on the phone the night after Brendan's attack. He was on the phone to Chloe and they were talking about how the night before was a mistake" he says nervously, looking down at his hands. He took a big breath out and leaned back up against the elevator wall. I turn back around and wait until we get back up to our level. The elevator stops, Alex and I start to walk out of the moving doors. Suddenly we hear a thud behind us and we spin around to see David face down on the floor. 

"Argh, about time" groans Alex as he leans down to pick David up. I swing my bag over one shoulder and lean down and lift the other side of David's body, helping Alex. We slowly stagger down till we reach their apartment. I lean the David's weight onto Alex while I unlock the apartment door and swing it open. 

"DOM!" I call out. Soon I hear footsteps jogging down the hall. 

"Anna? What are you doin-" he says but I cut him off. 

"I'll explain soon but can you please help Alex with David?" I say pointing behind me. He quickly rushes behind me and takes on half of David weight. "What the fuck happened?" I thought you guys were just going to 7/11?" he asks confused. 

"Yeah well.." I explained the whole story to Dom and he was pretty proud of David for 'growing a pair of balls'. I laughed as they dropped David down onto his bed. I put my bag down on the floor and take his shoes off. I take off his hat and swap his alcohol and sweat drenched shirt. I roll him into his bed and wrapped him in his covers. I sat on the side of his head and pushed a strand off hair out of his eyes. 

"God David, you make me so confused" I giggle, grabbing my bag and walking out of the room. I walked into the living room and collapsed on the couch. Dom is back doing random shit on his computer and Alex is playing Fortnite. I yawn and look at the time, nearly 4:30am. 

"Hey, if you are tired you can stay in my bed tonight. I'll crash on the couch" Alex says, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Thank you. Alex are you mad at me?" I ask him. He puts the controller down, not caring about the game. 

"Of course I don't hate you. I just don't want you to break my best friend's heart" he turns to me with a small smile. 

"I promise, I will try not to. I'm just so confused Alex" I sigh.

"I know, I do understand. But it has been a long night, how about you get some sleep?" he says picking up the controller and turning back to the TV. 

"Okay, goodnight Alex" I smile to him and go into his room. I take off my pink playsuit and grab one of Alex's long shirts. 

I climb into his bed and look up at the stars. God this day has had some major ups and some god damn big lows. I don't even know how I feel about Logan and Chloe, I just feel numb. I feel angry at David and but I'm more angry at Logan because he didn't tell me in the first place. I slowly drift off into my thoughts and my eyelids become heavy. Suddenly everything goes black. 

YO I TOLD YA I WAS GONNA COME BACK BITCHES. THIS CHAPTER WAS A LITTLE FLUFFY BECAUSE WE SAW A COOL SIDE OF DAVID, DRUNK DAVID. I'VE LITERALLY BEEN BINGE WATCHING HIS VLOGS FOR TWO HOURS AND I'M ONTO HIS SECOND CHANNEL. BUT THANKS FOR COMING BACK AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. SEE YOU NEXT ONE WHICH MAY BE UP TOMORROW OR ON FRIDAY. PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS, THANK YOU :)))))))