Chapter 14 - Meeting the Vlog Squad

I get up and sit on the edge of my bed while David gets my toiletries out of the bathroom. I grab my bag and put my pajamas from the night before in there and zipped it up. I brag my handbag off the nightstand and attempting the get out of the bed and push myself off the bed and stand. I sling my handbag over my shoulder and pick up my other bag with my hand. David quickly darts out of the bathroom with my toiletry bag in his hand. 

"Hey, what do you think you are doing superwoman?" he says coming up to me and taking my bag out of my hand. 

"I can take it, I'm not disabled" I tell him, reaching to take the bag back. But I'm too slow and he steps away before I could get a finger on it. "Fine" I said as I follow him as we exit the room. We go to the elevator and I press level five. The elevator doors open and we walk to room 153. I walk in and see Andy, Mike, Lydia and Evan surrounding Brendan's bed. I walk over and Lydia sees me.

"Hey come over" she said waving to me to stand beside her. "Brendan, Anna is here" she said looking at the bed. I walk over, leaving David at the doorway, and stand next to Lydia. I look at Brendan he has stitches all over his face and a bandage over his nose. "The doctors said he had to get fifty-eight stitches and he had a broken nose. His eyes were open and he was slowly and softly talking to Andy. He looks over at me. "Hey guys lets go get something to eat, I'm starving" says Lydia, secretly telling everyone to leave him alone. Once we watch them walk out the door, we look at each other.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask him, moving to be beside him.

"Bit sore, but your arm looked stuffed, how is it?" he replies, looking at my arm in the sling.

"Oh yeah, it was a long surgery and I have come back in four weeks, but I'll be fine. I was more worried about you" I tell him.

"Nah I'm fine, I'll be out of here later this afternoon" he said. 

"I'm so sorry, I told him. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to lie to him, you know?" I say to him.

"No, I'm sorry I shouldn't have put you in that situation. I thought it would be bad if he found out but not this bad" he said looking back at my arm.

"So, we are all good?" I ask him, pleadingly.

"Yeah absolutely. But I don't think you will see much of me anyway" he said looking down at his own hands.

"Why, what do you mean?" I ask.

"Well Logan texted Lydia for her to start looking for a new cameraman" he says.

"Oh God, Brendan I'm so sorry" I tell him, I feel really bad, he lost his job because of me.

"It's okay, after what happened with Chloe it's been awkward between us so it's probably for the better" he says looking at me.

"Okay, I just don't want you to become homeless or anything" I laugh.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure that won't be happening" he laughs too. "So hanging out with David Dobrik hey? One vlogger wasn't enough for Anna Shaw?" he says looking towards David who is on his phone outside the doorway.

"Ah yeah, he lives in the apartment next door to mine" I say.

"Wow, well you better go home and rest that arm up, it looked pretty bad" I said.

"Okay, well I hope I see you in future Brendan" I say as I start to turn around.

"You too" he says behind me.

...

The elevator to our apartment level opens and David and I walk down the hall. I get my keys out of my bag and unlock my apartment door. I turn to David.