Chapter 12 - In the Care of David Dobrik

"Logan was the one who hit you?!" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see who said something.

"David? Hey thank you for coming it means so much" I said trying to ignore what he just heard.

"Anna? Did Logan hit you?" said David his face going slightly red.

"Um it was an accident as I said on the phone, he didn't mean it" I said to him. "Now, come over here I really need a new shirt" I told him. He gave me a cautious look, walked over to my bed and put my bag on my bed. 

"I got you what look like a pair of pajamas and two outfits" he said smiling. "And what I think was underwear" he giggled and we both started laughing. 

"Thank you, also David this is Lydia, Evan and Andy" I say pointing to each of them. "They are friends of Logan's" I finished.

"Hi nice to meet yous" he said shaking their hands.

...

I woke up to David grabbing my arm lightly. 

"Hey wake up Doctor Richards wants to talk to you before you go into surgery. Brendan just finished and he's okay, his face will just be a bit sore and swollen for a while but he will recover quickly and be fine" he said. I rub my eyes and look around to see Evan, Lydia and Andy huddled around Brendans bed. I go to get up but David grabs my shoulder. "Hey, lay down. You will see him later but here is Doctor Richards" he said pointing towards the entrance of the room. 

"Miss Shaw, how are you feeling? We just finished in theatre with Brendan, he will be fine. Now we are ready for you in surgery but we just need to know if you are allergic to any medication?" he asks.

"Not that I know of" I reply quite confidently. When I was younger I was always getting sick easily and it used to get that bad that I was in hospital at least twice a month.

"Okay well the surgery will take longer then Brendan's as his was just a few stitches and a facial reconstruction. With your arm we will have to push the bone back into your arm and then attach a rod that starts at your wrist and to your elbow. This will be in for four weeks and then you will have to come back in and we will take the rod out. You will not have a cast but you will have to wear a sling. So the surgery should take about three hours" he finished. 

"Wow, okay so how long do I have to stay in here after the surgery?" I ask Doctor Richards.

"Well if everything goes according to plan you should be out tomorrow noon" I said calmly.

"Okay great, thank you for all of your help Doctor Richards" I say gratefully.

"Yeah, thank you for looking after Anna" said David, surprising me.

"Hey no worries, as long as you are comfortable and not in too much pain, it's no worries" he says shaking David's hand.

Soon a nurse comes in and wheel my bed out of the room and down the corridors, through two big doors.

"Okay Anna, you are going to drift off soon..." said a nurse as my eyelids become heavy and everything goes black.

...

I slowly wake up as my eyes are blurred from all the gunk. I look around and see two figures on either side of my bed. I blink four or five times and the blur slowly goes away. On my right side I can make out David mostly because he was in all black, as always. I turn to him and smile.

"Hey, you didn't have to stay I'm sure I'll be fine" I say as I look at his face. He smiles weakly at me, somethings wrong but he still seems happy to see me. I turn to the right and blink a few more times and I realise who it is. I don't understand, Lydia, Andy and Evan said that he leaves and doesn't come back for ages. When my vision becomes clear it's who I expected, Logan. I don't know what to say so I turn back to David who won't take his eyes of Logan. "Hey, hey" I say grabbing his arm to get him to look at me. He looks down at me. "I'm fine, go home. I promise that I will come and see you once I get home later today" I say, looking at him in the eyes. He looked up at Logan and back down to me.

"I'm not going anywhere while he's here" he says, obviously trying to get a reaction out of Logan. "But I do need to get out of here, I have a weird thing about hospitals. Where's your car, I didn't see it in the carpark?" he asks.

"Um it's still at Logan's. They said I'm not allowed drive with my sling" I tell him. 

"I'll catch an Uber there and pick up your car, drive it to our apartment complex and I'll Uber back here or I think Alex wants to make sure you are okay" he said standing up.

"David, there's no need, honestly I only met you what? This morning. You don't have to do anything for me" I say.

"Where are your keys?" he says, persistently.

"Ugh, you're stubborn. Here, don't crash her she's just been fixed and her name is Mia" I tell him laughing. I watch David smile and I rub his arm before letting it go. "Thank you" I say as I wave to him with my right arm. I can feel Logan's eyes burning into the back of my head. I turn to him, his head is down looking at my arm. "Hey, Logan" I say softly. He doesn't say anything he just keeps looking at my arm, it's pretty bad. There are blue pen markings and raw stitches.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't me to hit you at all. When I get in a blind rage like I was, everything goes blank and I just can't stop, I didn't even realise you put your hands out" he says so softly that I can hardly hear him. "If you want me to leave I will, I just... I needed to see you and that you were okay" he said, his head still down. 

"Logan, look I don't know what to say but I can't handle this. Unless you are going to stay in my life and not just temporarily but long term. I've had so many people with small issues come in and out of my life. I was willing to support and help them because I thought they were going to stick around. But they ended up just using me as I don't know, a distraction? I'm just done with those sorts of people and if you are going to be one of those people then I don't know what to tell you?" I say to him. 

"Anna, I promise you that I will try as harder as I can to make you happy and I will stay in your life, long term if that's what you want. And we don't have to be together at all, if you want me as just a friend, that's what I will be. I just want you in my life Anna, whatever it takes" he says. I look down at his face to see tears rolling down his face. "I'm sorry I did this to you, I- I've never done anything to hurt a woman" he said. I grab his face with my right hand and lift it up to look at me.

"Look I don't know what's going to happen once I get out of here but as soon as this is all over maybe we can go back to where we left off" I tell him, wiping away his tears with my thumb. "Well last time I checked I'm pretty sure rocks don't cry" I say, laughing. 

"Yeah, that went downhill quickly didn't it" he says grabbing my hand you kissing my palm. "Anyways, what's going on between you and David?" he asks with a nervous look on his face. 

"We're just friends, but it was really nice for him to stay. He was here since the time I got in and until just then" I said, smiling at the thought of how much he cares about me even though I've known him since this morning. 

"Well in bro code if you stay with a girl that long without getting any action, that means he has a little more than horny feelings" he says.

"Look, if you are gonna be jealous over David prepare yourself because he has five other guy friends who he says are gonna love me" I tell him, kind of waiting for a reaction. 

"Okay, but stay honest with me okay? Even if you have feelings for him and you're worried I'll get mad, just tell me because I don't want any secrets" he said, sternly. 

"Okay, I understand" I say as I drift off to sleep.

HEY GUYS I'M SO SORRY THAT THIS IS SO LONG. I FEEL LIKE THERE IS GOING TO BE MORE OF THE VLOG SQUAD IN THIS THAN I THOUGHT. THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK I MAY HAVE A CHAPTER UP TOMORROW BUT IF NOT TOMORROW THE DAY AFTER THAT. HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT :)))))