Chapter 22 - Uninvited Guest

"WHAT THE HECK? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME" I scream at the person sitting on my couch. I turn the light on to see it was who I thought it was. Brendan. "Brendan, you scared the hell out of me" I say putting my back down. I take my sling off and sit on the couch next to him. He still isn't looking at me. "Helloooo, is Brendan in there?" I say sarcastically. He turns around and he looks like a mess. He has dark black and blue rings around his eyes, he has lost a lot of weight, I can see his cheek bones. "Brendan are you okay?" I ask, worried. 

"Oh Anna" he says with a sly grin. "I'm absolutely fucking fabulous, I have no place to stay because I spent all my money. I have no job because I look like this" he said pointing at his face. "And, I feel fucking terrible" he said with a small chuckle leaning in near me. I nearly pass out from the smell of his breath. Then it dawns on me, I've seen this before in my Mum's side of the family, they are all ex drug addicts and dealers, some even still. His eyes, the weight loss, his breath, he is on some serious drugs. I get off the couch and slowly move towards my bag. "Where do you think you're going? Are you just going to leave me, like everyone else?" he says getting a serious, slightly frightening look on his face. 

"Oh it's past 10pm, I have to take my third dose of medication. I'll be right back" I say with a small smile. I walk up to my bag and take out my phone while Brendan isn't looking. I walk into the bathroom and shut and lock the door. I run the tap in the sink so there is a small sound block. I pick up my phone scroll to Logan's contact. I look down at my arm, I click out of his contact and scroll to David's. I press the call button. 

"Hey Anna what's up?" David says as the ringing finishes. 

"David, I'm whispering because Brendan is at my apartment. He was here when I got home, I don't even know how he got in. How far away are you? I need your help, Brendan is on something serious, drug wise, I think he is dangerous. Please David, I don't think I want Logan to come because I was afraid something might happen again" I explain quietly but quickly. 

"Okay I'm pulling over now, it's quicker if I run down Hollywood Boulevard than trying to get through this traffic" he says. I can hear panting. "Okay just hold him up at least ten minutes and I'll be there" says David. 

"Okay, if I don't answer the door use the spare key under the mat" I say quickly hanging up. I turn off the tap and go to the toilet. I flush the toilet, wash my hands, unlock and open the door. Brendan is standing right outside the door and I jump. 

"God Brendan, you have to stop doing that" I slightly giggle trying to stay calm. I walk past him and go into the kitchen. "Would you like anything to drink or eat?" I ask opening the fridge. 

"Anna I'm sick of playing games, I only came for one thing and I want it now. I know that you want it too" he says stepping towards me. 

"Um Brendan I don't know what you're talking about" I say stepping backwards, but my back bumps into the kitchen bench. "Would you like a water?" I ask moving past him and go to the cup cupboard and taking out two. 

"Anna I don't want water. I want you" he says darkly. At this point I am scared. 

"Brendan if you need help, I can help you but you know that I'm with someone else" I said still trying to move away from him as he gets closer and closer. 

"I saw you on David Dobrik's vlog with that guy Alex, just give me some of that and a little bit more" he says moving two steps closer to me so that there is only about three inches between us. He goes to grab my right arm. I try to push him away but his grip is too strong. 

"Brendan please let me go, you don't want to do this. I don't want to do this please let my arm go" I said trying to pull my arm out of his grasp.