"Sure." she says, obviously not believing me. "I'll get it out of you later." Her eyes sparkled with mischief. I narrow mine.

"There's nothing to get out. I have not the slightest idea of who I want to bring," I tell her, sounding more truthful this time. She narrows her eyes back.

"Fine." I almost exhale in relief.

"We will still talk about this later," I tell her. She nods then seems to remember something suddenly.

"Oh! I forgot, I have to go to the library for something. I'll see you guys later." With that, she rushes down another corridor, off to the library.

"Wonder what that was all about," I mused. Ron shrugs, still looking at the ground.

"Probably forgot to study for some test," Harry says.

"Yeah, now that I think about it, I think we have a test in Charms soon." He shrugs as the three of us walk through the tapestry to take our usual shortcut to Gryffindor Tower. We were unfortunate to find Ginny and Dean snogging fiercely. I was feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Oi!" Ron yelled, causing the two to break apart and look at us.

"What?" Ginny said.

"I don't want to find my sister snogging people in public!"

"This was a deserted corridor until you came butting in!" Ginny yelled back. Dean was looking as uncomfortable as I felt. He looked at Harry, giving him a shift grin which he did not return. I looked at my brother questioningly. He looked to be almost angry.

"Er... c'mon Ginny. Let's go back to the common room," Dean said.

"You go! I want a word with my brother!" Ginny said, still glaring so viciously, I was surprised Ron hadn't burst into flames already. Dean left, looking very relieved to depart the scene. "Ronald, it is none of your business who I go out with or what I do with them—"

"Yes it is!" Ron said just as angrily. "Do you think I want people saying my sister's a—"

"A what?" she shouted back, drawing her wand.

"He doesn't mean anything, Ginny—" Harry said automatically,

"Oh, yes he does!" she says, flaring up at Harry. "Just because he's never snogged anyone in his life, just because the best kiss he's ever gonna get is from Auntie Muriel—"

"You shut your mouth!" Ron bellowed, turning maroon, taking out his wand as well. I stepped in front of Ginny as Harry stepped in front of Ron.

"I will not!" she yelled, beside herself with anger. "I've seen you with phlegm, hoping she'll kiss you on the cheek every time you see her. It's pathetic! If you went out and did a bit of snogging, you wouldn't mind when anyone else does it!" She was now trying to get a clear shot at Ron, and he was doing the same.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Ron roared, "Just because I don't do it in public—" Ginny shrieked with crazed laughter, trying to push me out of the way.

"Been kissing Pigwidgeon? Or have you got a picture of Auntie Muriel stashed under your pillow?"

"You—" A jet of orange light went under my arm, narrowly missing Ginny by inches. I heard Harry push Ron up against the wall.

"Don't be stupid—" Harry started, but Ginny screamed over him.

"Harry's snogged Cho Chang! Hermione's snogged Viktor Krum! I bet Y/n's snogged loads of people, it's only you who acts like it's something disgusting, Ron, and that's because you've got the experience of a twelve-year-old!" With that, she stopped fighting against me, and stormed off. I turned around as Harry let go of Ron who was positively seething. We stood there, all breathing heavily, until Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, appeared around the corner.