Chapter Fifty-Four: Slip Ups

Anti has been in his room for a while now. You, Sean and the egos were waiting for him to get dressed since he'd already taken a shower to clean himself off. You can still remember their faces when Anti walked into the house.

Awestruck, Dumbstruck or entirely speechless. He still hadn't told you all what he went through.. but you guess he'll start explaining now since he's out of his room and making his way toward all of you. He suddenly stopped, leaning against he door frame.

"So.. I guess you all want answers.. so I'll start from the beginning." He continued forward, sitting beside you on the couch and draping his arm onto your shoulders. "I was stuck in Purgatory for a day or two.. but I'm judging by the looks on all of your faces.."

"It was longer than that. Maybe a week? Or two?" You cleared your throat, getting his attention. "Try three, almost four weeks.." Anti shifted slightly, furrowing his brows. "Almost a month? Damn.. Eh.. that's alright. I'll make up for it."

"Anyway, I had to go through three mistakes that the angels chose. Three mistakes that I was supposed to fix. Although, it would change nothing in the real world. -And to fix these so called mistakes, I had to REALIZE that they were mista-" Sean cut him off.

"So what did they choose? Which mistakes, I mean." Anti growled slightly, glaring daggers at Sean. "I was getting to that, asshole." He sighed, taking his arm from you and rubbing his face. "The mistakes they chose were.."

"One, I had to stop Chase from committing suicide. Two, I had to stop younger me from possessing Schneep that one time during Bio Inc Redemption.. and three.. I overrode the system with my glitching ways and added my own. A memory that I thought was a mistake."

"The time I renounced evil in front of all of you." Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Anti.. some faces were guilty looking and others were fearful or shocked. Anti waved his hand at them, tilting his head back. "It's not like I'm going to kill you all right now. I can't-"

He cut himself off, his face growing paler than usual. You narrowed your eyes at him, examining the way his left eye twitch and his mouth morphed into a scowl. "Never mind that.. Anyway, I have to.. go do Anti stuff." He got up from the couch quickly, avoiding the stares as he left.

Anti decided it was best not to include the part where he had to fall out of love with you.. and above all else.. the fact that he was now human. The cut on his neck had healed and all that was left was dried blood. He couldn't let the egos find out that he was now.. weak.

At least.. he considered himself weak. -And there was no way for him to fix it. Not now, not ever. He had to live his life.. being a mortal. Because he committed an error. He made a mistake in even remotely trusting Light. No.. he didn't trust him.. that's not the right word.

He thought Light had the same goal in mind. He USED Light to get what he wanted. What he needed. -And in the end.. he became human. Light knew what would happen and he just watched as Anti was turned into a vile insect on the bottom of man's shoe.

He slammed his door behind him, hopping onto his bed and laying down. "A fooking human for Christ's sake. I would have taken becoming an angel over this shite." His eyes widened at the words coming out of his mouth. "Never mind.. I'll take being human."

"Anything's better than being an angel and having to suck up to God to get to the top." He sat up, rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't need wings to get to where I'm going anyway. Wings.." He trailed off, reaching behind himself to touch in between his shoulder blades.

"They are fascinating though.. Beautiful almost." He scowled, resting his hand next to his side. "If they weren't pure white." He stopped, listening as his ears perked at a light tapping sound.. which then turned into a thump.. and then a crash.

Marvin bursts into his room, looking exhausted. "Anti.. we need your voodoo magic to clean up the mess we made in the kitchen!" Anti looked at his brother lazily, fear twinging in his stomach at what he just asked him to do. "Sorry, I can't."

"B-But you always help-" Anti cut him off, growling. "I SAID I FOOKING CAN'T OKAY?!" He looked down at his lap, squeezing his eyes shut. "I just can't." Marvin looked at Anti confusedly, wondering why his voice didn't glitch like it did whenever he screamed.

"Uhm.. Okay.. I'll try to I guess." Marvin shut Anti's door quietly, making a mental note to tell Sean and the others when they were finished cleaning up the mess.

-

A few hours later and the egos had finished cleaning up the tomato sauce off the while floor in the kitchen. Marvin wiped his brow, sighing in content when he remembered what he was supposed to tell the others. "Hey guys.."

They all looked at his with a confused expression as he continued. "There's something wrong with Anti. When I asked him if he'd help clean up he said he couldn't.. and he wouldn't explain why. -And when I asked him why he yelled.. but.. his voice didn't glitch like normal."

They all looked to you and you shrugged. "I'll figure something out.. but in the meantime, we need to remake the spaghetti sauce since Jackie spilled it." You glared at Jackie playfully and he laughed nervously, leaning against the counter with the rag still in his left hand.

"Hey, I may be super, but that doesn't mean I don't make mistakes sometimes." He looked back over at you, frowning slightly. "But after we're done.. can you go speak to Anti? I don't think he'll talk to any of us." You nodded, smiling slightly. "Of course, Jackie."