Chapter Thirty-Three: Feeling Forgotten

"Ha! Yes! I told you I'd win! Can't beat an Irish woman. She's got luck on er side!" Henrik slammed his controller down onto the ground, screaming at the top of his lungs. "How can you still manage to beat me vhen ve're on zhe same team?!" You shrugged. "Irish swag-" 

"Stop vith zhe Irish answers!" You choked back laughter. "Sorry.. but, you owe me twenty." He grumbled, pulling out a twenty and handing it to you. "Zhat is zhe last time I make a bet vith you or Chase, eva again!"

"At least I can vin against Anti! Lord knows he rages more zhan anyone in zhe house!" He stomps off into his room, slamming the door shut. You followed him, tiptoeing right up against the door. Here goes nothing.

You giggle quietly and wait until you hear a creak of the bed springs,  opening the door wide open. "You're lucky you vere born zhe year after zhey stopped burning people at zhe stake!" You shouted in your best German accent, running down the hall and jumping into a random room.

You shut  the door behind you, pushing your weight against it to hold it shut. Henrik banged on it. "Zhat's not funny, (Y/N)!" You giggled, pushing your back into the door as hard as you could. "Oh come on, that was the best German accent you've ever heard!" Silence. "Zhat's.. not zhe point!"

"Need any help?" You looked over and to your surprise, Anti was laying there, his hands folded behind his head and his ankles crossed. You nodded, feeling the door vibrate when Henrik beat against it. Anti lazily got up, pushing the door with you.

"You know there's a better way to keep him out right?" Anti locked the door, smirking at you. You laughed, standing upright and dusting yourself off. "I wanted to give Henrik a bit of a challenge. The lock would have been too easy."

"I heard zhat! Anti, open zhe door!" Anti winked at you. "You got it, Henrik." He unlocked the door, swinging it open just as Henrik was barreling toward it. He fell onto the bed, making an 'oof' sound. You chuckled, helping him up.

"So.. why were you chasing (Y/N) anyway?"

"She cheated!" Anti rolled his eyes. "You bet with Henrik, didn't you?" You nodded sheepishly, your cheeks flushing a deep red. Anti chuckled airily. "Yeah.. Henrik always loses, or as he likes to call it.. someone cheats. About the only person he can win against is me."

"Yeah but, Henrik says you rage." You pointed out matter-of-factly. Anti shrugs. "-And he's right. I can't keep my anger under control.. hints the fact as to why I was strangling Henrik over my favorite orange soda." Anti glares at Henrik and he shrinks back, laughing nervously. 

"The last fucking soda, as I recall you saying." 

"I think Anti vould marry orange soda if he could." You nodded, giggling while Anti blushed profusely. "Yeah but, it's the same for me." Anti looked up at you, raising an eyebrow. "Oh! With pineapple pizza. It's amazing!" Your mouth waters just thinking about it.

Anti laughs. "-And I thought we were the only people on Earth who actually enjoyed that stuff." You laughed, remembering your friend (b/f/n). She loved pickled macaroni and cheese. You hadn't noticed but you had started to frown.

"(Y/N)? You okay?" You looked up, slowly nodding. "Huh? Oh. Yeah, I guess. It's just weird for me to forget about my best friend like that. (b/f/n) I mean." Anti nodded understandingly, patting your back. 

"I understand. It's like that for Jack you know, juggling YouTube and his personal life.." You laughed slightly, speaking of YouTube.. Your eyes widened and you about choked on your own spit. "YOUTUBE!" You practically ran right over Henrik to get to the living room where Sean was.

"Sean! I forgot that I had to record and my schedule is all messed up-" He shushed you and pointed to a room you hadn't been in before. "You can use my recording room for the time being. Go ahead."  You nodded appreciatively, heading inside and locking the door.

You liked to lock the door a lot.. you'd already explained why. After six hours of straight up recording, you sent the seven videos you'd made to Maggy, your second best friend and editor. She's in charge of well, editing and uploading the content you make.

In those six hours you've recorded videos on Happy Wheels, Shadow of the Colossus, Night Blights, Five Night at Freddy's, Subnautica, Chook and Sosig and a very crudely made Jeff the Killer game. You sighed, shutting down Sean's PC and unlocking the door.

You closed it behind you, laying exhaustedly on the couch, eyeing the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Without you knowing of his presence beside you, Chase plopped down onto the couch.

After a few minutes of you staring at the small foam balls on the ceiling, he cleared his throat, startling you. "Sorry, sorry! Didn't mean to-" You laughed, sitting up. "It's alright, bro." He nodded, smiling at you. "You know, (Y/N).."

"Yes, Chase?" He faced you, taking off his hat and fiddling with the rim. "Ever since you've come here.. the house has been quiet.." He frowned. "Less of a.. hell house? I guess you could call it that." He cleared his throat, "Well, what I mean to say is-"

Uh oh. You read about this sort of behavior in one of your books. Chase was feeling alone, forgotten sort of. You'd also done studies on his personality. His wife, Stacy, left him and took the kids. He soon developed trust issues and severe depression, leading to attempted suicide.

You put your hand on his knee, squeezing it slightly. "Whatever you need Chase, I'm here for you. I'm always here." He smiled, grateful that he didn't have to ask you to hang out with him since the boys wouldn't.

You laid back down, letting him lay his head on your chest. You ran your hand through his faded green hair, comforting him. You knew he needed this, more than anything. He's still unstable.. I mean, his wife left him and took his little angels.. what could be worse than that?

He looked up at you, breathing softly. You could feel his heartbeat against your chest. Thump.. Thump.. Thump.. He leaned forward, watching your movements carefully. "Cha-" He pressed his lips to yours, catching you off guard. But what you didn't expect to do..

..was kiss back.