20. Before It Sinks in by Moira Dela Torre

I know, it's been too long since I updated. but here it is :) Hope you like it :)

Comment, Vote, and Follow 

"Suspended in the air

I hear myself breathing

Hanging by a thread

My heart is barely beating

I haven't fallen yet

But I feel it comin'

Tell me would it be too much to ask

If you break it to me gently"

Daniel

"I'm giving you a chance"

I held on to Enna's sweet scent, my eyes closing and my nose burrowing close to her neck. I feel her move inside my arms, crying. What? Crying? I lean back to look at her, confused. Is this a dream? I look around to see the grime filled walls of the celled room.

The place where my wolf was rampaging, day and night till he tire himself or got electrocuted by the guards. My eyes drops back to her body, her small trembling body and for some reason everything about her is just strong, her scent, her warmth and her... blood

I curse under my breath

We're still here in the Asylum. I was supposed to be here but the question is why she's here. I look at the shivering and trembling Enna in my arms, I realize she's naked. My eyes scoured every part of her body, her lips trembling while her eyes pleadingly look at mine. My heart constricts in my chest watching her. My whole body aching and wanting to take the pain away from her.

What the hell happened to her? My mate that was so fragile but hardheaded and strong enough to run away from me. I touch her cold cheek, marveling the fact that she is here. I can't help but feel like this is a dream. How many nights have I dreamt of her? Holding her like this and reveling her presence.

I lean towards her, our lips touching and grazing each other. It sent a flurry of sparks and warmth in my whole body. This wasn't a dream. This taste of her in my mouth, the feel of her lips and tongue on mine. This isn't a dream. I deepen the kiss, kissing her as if I'll unravel without her there. It was the truth, I unraveled when she was gone. This kiss is stitching me back together

I squeeze her towards me, giving her all of my warmth that I can give. I kiss her as if there's no tomorrow, trying to convey to her everything that I've missed about her. She moans and whimpers in my arms, I can feel her responding to me so effortlessly. I smile, my whole being is revolving around her.

I can't stop it, I'm turning in to a pathetic kind of man that can't live without her. The half of my soul, the half of my being. I pull back, to look at her hazy eyes. I see the relief and joy in it but the smell of her blood still strong.

Her face on my hand with her soft cheek on my palm while tears trail down its soft supple skin. Her tears that came from reasons unknown, made my fingers curl in to a tight fist. Who reduced my mate in to this crying and joyless human? She might be fragile but she is not this.

"what happened?" I growl out, "what the fuck happened?!"

She couldn't answer but there was something terribly wrong. I pull her in to my arms and even though I was naked and covered with dirt, I paid no mind to it. I pull the bars open, my palms burning and pain simmering in my system but I ignore it. I made an opening big enough for the both of us and we were walking out of that god forsaken cell.