14. Liability by Lorde

VOMMENT!!! hahaha 

"Baby really hurt me, crying in the taxi

He don't wanna know me

Says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm

Says it was poison

So I guess I'll go home into the arms of the girl that I love

The only love I haven't screwed up

She's so hard to please but she's a forest fire

I do my best to meet her demands, play at romance

We slow dance in the living room, but all that a stranger would see

Is one girl swaying alone, stroking her cheek"

The moment the air hit me outside of the Macabre. I close my eyes as I hear the slab of granite close behind me. I turn to look at the dead end and it was securely closed. I breathed in the morning. I hear birds and spring coming through. Even the sky in Norway is beautiful. I smile at the view above me.

I walk out of the maze but instead of getting out and facing the back doors of the castle. I got lost and see only the fountain that leads to the houses of the pack members. There were cherub statues with flowing water through the jars that the cherubs were holding. I see rose petals floating in the water.

The nearest house was two stories high and there was smoke coming out of the chimney. It looks homey and there was even a mailbox outside with the last name of the family Larson on it. I look around feeling like I intruded in the peaceful village. I turn to go back but I heard marching

"Don't move" a man's voice says. My spine shivered at the sound of it. I turn slightly to be faced with one of the council guards. "You're under arrest, Enna Devons. A werewolf human halfling"

I froze, I thought this was resolved already. He's wearing a black suit with a logo of the European council on his chest. It's a circular logo with ocean waves and a mountain in it that symbolizes the European council "Won't bow down to the water" he has two more guards behind him. One from the Bergquist family and the other two from the Hemeres. You could only join the guards when you came from the main pack of the family. I suspect the guard from the Bergquist lived in this very village behind the castle.

"Is that so?" It wasn't me who said those words. I turn and it was Daniel in his own suit that looked quite ravishing on him. I noticed how undeniably rugged he looks which made me slightly want to jump his bones if only I wasn't so horrified "Is that a way to talk to my mate?"

The one from the Hemeres family who was the one speaking growls at him "She is still a halfling and the law sugg—"

"Jeg bryr meg ikke om loven" he gruffly says. He stands close to me and I didn't know what to do. He looks at me "Why do I always find you here in the garden, min kjære" he touches my elbow protectively and I wanted to fight his hold, but I missed his touch.

Fuck me, I sigh. Can't I have a peaceful life?

"She still needs to come with us whether you care or not" The guards say. I see the guard from the Bergquist family backing up just as the two steps forward. You would notice the difference between families looks. The Hemeres territory took over the sunny parts of Europe like Spain or Portugal. Also, the accents and their facial structure just suggests the total difference.