18. Dead Hearts by Stars

I know it's been a while but in my defense I started another book which is called "The Human Mate" which i had to publish because every story to me starts with an itch and the only way to relieve myself is to sccratch it, you know? hahah also Uni started and I am back to exams and preop and other surgeries that I have to go through. 

this is also short compared to the other ones so, I'm really sorry. 

Tell me everything that happened

Tell me everything you saw

They had light inside their eyes

Did you see the closing window?

Did you hear the slamming door?

They moved forward, my heart died

Daniel

Before the Asylum

It's stupid to say that I regret everything that I've done to her. I didn't admit it out loud or to anyone, but it was apparent. The mating bond or whatever made me feel so hollow and carved out like when you scrape out the insides of a melon. I felt empty and out of place.

Sighing, I touch the glass of bourbon and try hard to swallow the rising bile inside my throat by swallowing the smooth alcohol. It's been days since I last ate, days since I let myself gave the luxury of food. It doesn't taste anywhere as good as Enna. My, if I have another chance to get to her body again. I let out a breath at the thought of her blood dripping down my throat. The taste of her made my eyes turn to my wolfs.

Just because I regret what I did doesn't mean that I don't want to eat her. God, there are so many ways on eating her other than actually biting her flesh. I let out a heated breath. My lust coming in heated waves of blood in my system. I thought about a cold shower but then I could just bury myself in the snow instead to fix it.

I know my imminent future. The asylum for those who lost their mates and lost control of their halves. The politics of taking Enna from her territory was torturous. My Alphas and council advised me that it would cause another strife as the Markoff are known to care about their family more than anything.

Such stupid sentiments.

I breathed out another harsh frustrated sigh. My wolf clawing in my head wanting to be released and look for his mate. Controlling him has given me spasms and convulsing like an episode of an epileptic. Pretty soon, I'd shift and never return back to being human.

Is this the lesson you wanted to give Enna? My suffering when you're gone?

I admit that I didn't treat her like a queen like how my father does with my mother. I am the problematic son who doesn't have any normal vices and fetishes that they do have. But having Enna is like a fucking drug that I have to keep taking or I won't function properly.

I throw the glass leisurely at the wall. I watch with interest how the glass exploded in a flurry of shards and jagged edges by the easy motion. I smirk, not knowing what else to do when I have already done my duties at the leader of the family. Father and mother escaped this stupid castle the moment I had my mate.

The curse is on you now My wolf growls

I smirk "Tell me, does it feel nice to be the cursed one now?"

Look for her or I'll drive us both insane

"Me? you? Sounds like a good deal of fun to be insane"