18. The other night.

Start from the beginning

"You guys know each other?" Tiara inquired clamping her eyebrows.

"Err... yeah. I don't know. She looks familiar." Adam still stared at Suwa trying to figure out where he had met her.

"Familiar? I know you. Tobi's party...some days ago." She helped him and then it came to mind.

"Oh...yeah...at... oh my God it's you! Yes now I remember. I'm sorry. I... "

"No it's fine. I'd be surprised too." She twirled the corner of her mouth as she walked past him to meet Tiara. "Thanks Tee. I need to offload now. Is Todun home?"

"Err yes she should be in her room upstairs."

"Alright. Thanks. And it's nice to see you again ..." Suwa faced him.

"Adam. Adam Coker."

"I'm Desuwa. I guess I'll see you guys later." She pulled her fancy trolley behind her and smiled a tiny bit to Simi who just looked idly at the scene and up the stairs.

"What just happened? How do you guys know each other?" Tiara approached her brother immediately, so wanting to know.

"You heard her. The birthday I went to the other night with Bode. The one I told you about. I'm as surprised as you."

"At the strip club?" He nodded. "Wow! Well, I didn't know you guys were friends. Like many other things that I don't know."

"Are you listening to me? She's not a friend, at least not exactly so. We only met per chance at the club ...nothing more ..." He lied. "And why are you talking like this? What do you mean by other things you don't know?"

"Guys," Simi butted in. "Keep your voices low. You can talk about this later. Tiara, chill."

"What's she talking about?"

"I don't know. But we're not going to find that out now or here. Okay?"

Tiara kept mute and Adam just looked startled at his sister trying to understand her attitude and all she had just said but like Simi had rightly said, it wasn't the time or place. So he thought to leave.

"I'm going to pick up Maami. Do I have to come pick you up later?" He asked Simi.

"No no... I should get a taxi right? Tee?"

"If necessary sure. But you might wanna stay over. There are plenty of rooms here."

"Oh alright then. I guess I'm no longer needed here. You guys have fun." And he darted out of the house. Kind of angry.

"Tee, what was that about?"

"It's nothing joo. Him and me just have a lot to talk about. Let's go upstairs already I think I can hear Todun's voice. And I'm not kidding babe, I'm stealing this dress."

Simi laughed. "We both know it's not going to fit."

"Whatever."

Tiara told herself she wasn't going to worry about Adam now until after the wedding is over because it would really alter the zappy mood she had tried to sustain all week. But there were a lot of questions running through her mind. Like was he really married? If yes, why keep it as a secret and why was he on drugs? What exactly was he on to?

She had felt it strongly since he got back from New York that something was new and off about him but every time he denied it saying it was just a result of changing his environment. True, but that couldn't just be all, there had to be more and just this morning, her instincts were proven right when those messages came in. Just in time. Worse, she knew she couldn't tell their mother about it, at least not yet. Not until she discusses it with him first and he better have a good explanation.