Prelude II : The North..Fall.

Black Hare II

" The defiant Province of Gangwon was, in reality, fractured in two,but held by the same family,House Kim of Gangwon. the southern half agreed to surrender to the Southern King but the northern part remains defiant and supported by other two powerful vassal of the Northern King,Governors of Hamgyeong and Hwanghae.

It took the Geom the Conqueror half a year to subdue the Hwanghae province due to the treacherous terrain and persistent ambush from Hwanghae's native,the famous Venomwrangler.
a group of soldiers and assassins specialized in covert operation and assasination. Armed with blowpipes and poisonous darts made from the wings of native butterfly species in Hwanghae called Reaper's Lullaby. Easily distinguished by human-skull pattern on their wings.

Another half a year was spent in northern part of Gangwon, the land also rough and ragged,mountaineous,cold.
and the worst of all,the Amur Knights.
A group of elite soldier who rides on armored horse-sized feline beast,the Amur Leopard. Swift and deadly,these creatures was built to hunt on the mountaineous terrain,the prey was Geom's men.

Many of the Conqueror trusted general and commander was slain in Gangwon. Including my older brother.

But in the end,Gangwon Province was subdued.
The Amur Knight's Paramount was slain,his remains was fed to the cub of his own leopard.
His Knights now under the command of the Conqueror himself,so does the Venomwrangler.

To ensure the fealty of this two newly acquired Province,Geom took two more concubine.

The seventh, Lady Kim of Gangwon bore him 2 strong son,Lord Hyunjun the current Head of the House, Sir Hyuntae, the current Paramount of the Amur Knights and the youngest,a daughter,named Hyunjin the Beastkeeper of said Amur Leopards. She ruled the city that specialized in breeding these creatures,the Amur's Den,located in Taebaek mountain.

Meanwhile Lady Park of Hwanghae,the 8th concubine gave Geom a son,Lord Chiwon the current head of the House and a daughter,Lady Chaewon, the potion brewmaster of the province,some said she also led a group of Venomwrangler under her command. But the thing is with the Park from these part in the North. They are a secretive and backstabbing bunch. Take everything they said to you with a mountain-sized salt.

after hearing this turn of events,the Northern King, unlike his stupid tyrannical father,sued for peace.
This peace last for only a year,after the Northern King died,suddenly and suspiciously. Venomwrangler's poison? Could be.

As the case with a dead King,a new one take his place and all of previous king's pacts,deals and promises were annulled,thus began anew.
The Newly crowned Northern King plead for peace,but to no avail,Geom the conqueror must complete his conquest.

only the Northern King and his three vassals remained: the Governors of Pyongan,Chagang, and the Khalkha Wolf Raiders of Hamgyong Province.  while the Northern King held the Ryanggang province.

first to met Geom the Conqueror on the battlefield on his Northern Conquest was the Alpha of the Wolf Raider. Lord Hyukjae of House Tan. Two Headed Wolf,the Hamgyongan called him. he was called so because he command two Khalkhan Wolves at the same time. Finally a worthy opponent for the dual-greatsword wielding Geom you little Lordling might thought? No.

After exchanging roughly a hundred bouts,the Alpha Raider was unseated from his Wolf that he rides. Enraged,upon sitting back up on his wolf,he sent the wolf that he rides and the riderless wolf charging towards Geom together in full speed and full leap.

Undeterred,upon seeing two monstrous Wolf and a mighty warrior leaping through the air,Geom spun and swing his twin greatsword so quickly towards the leaping enemy, it ended up cuting both the wolf and the Raider in half,mid-air.

The rest of the Raider lost the will to fight upon seeing the horrible fate that befall their leader. they routed and surrender.

Hamgyeong Province was captured. The young wife of the previous Alpha,now is a mere concubine. A ninth one at that.

Lady Son,a brooding yet calming beauty,was well known for her abilities in wolf-husbandry. She later gave the conqueror two daughter,Lady Hyesoo the current head of the House and Lady Hyejoo, a gifted raider herself,she rose to become Alpha of the Khalkha Wolf Raider.

Hamgyongan called her the Red-Eyed She-Wolf. As She rides a red-eyed jet black Khalkha Wolf and used the same colored banner for her own personal sigil.

Upon hearing the news of the surrender of Wolf Raider, the rest of the Governors immediately surrender without a fight.
After all, their strongest allies has been defeated,they stood no chance facing the full force of Geom's army,his mercenary men,his Ten Finger,the army of United Southern Goryo,the Amur Knights and Khalkhan Raider,the Venomwrangler.. this could only resulted in the destruction of their own House. They Kneel.

As per tradition,the Conqueror took two more concubine,from Pyeongan : Lady Choi bore him 3 daughter,the eldest named Lady Yerim and the current head of the House,Yerin and Yejin are the name of her younger sisters.

and from Chagang,frail Lady Im only gave Geom one offspring, a daughter,Yeojin. Currently head of the House. Lady Im died shortly after childbirth.

the Northern King,left all alone by his vassal,also surrender. because he doesn't have a daughter,as a sign of fealty he gave Geom his Northern King's Crown.

the deposed Northern King was reduced to a mere Governor of the smallest and poorest province in Goryo Peninsula,Ryanggang.

He died a year later during a peasant revolt,along with his entire family.
The revolt itself was swiftly dealt with and Ryanggang Province now under the rule of House Go,rumored to be a cadet family of the Last Northern King that survived the peasant revolt.
Lady Go,head of the House,become Geom the Conqueror's 12th and last concubine. She bore one daughter named Lady Yujin,The current head of the house.

Geom the Conqueror's Conquest was now complete.

No one on the Goryo Peninsula have the power nor authority to challenged his rule.
And finally,after 5 years of many gruesome battle and bloodshed.
Then, aged 40 year since his first name day.
Geom return south to Suwon to be coronated as the High King of Goryo,the second High King since Sejeong the Great.
his crown were made from the melted and reforged throne of the Southern and Northern King. Symbolically merged the fractured two kingdoms into One.

taking on the new Royal name of Jeong Geomyeoshin,meaning "The Goddess's Sword".
To this day He has ruled for 22 years since the day of the fated Coronation,May He ruled forever...."

Upon finishing these history lesson,a messenger came to the hall where Black Hare and his Lordling wards gather. The messenger gave him a letter. As the rugged commander opens it,he gave out a wry smile.
He dismissed the messenger and the lordling wards.
A summon to the Royal capital,he murmur to himself. The High King also summons all of his offspring,including my niece.
What he got in mind?...well, i'll know it when i arrived at his Court mayhaps.

After assembling his small retinue of soldiers and bodyguards,he rode out from his Hanbat Castle to Seoul,to the High King's Palace.