13 - Silence 2

"Yup, I always go down with my cousin. Good old days" Clement added.

"How's our lovely kid by the way?" Tucker resumed the discussion.

"If by lovely you mean a living walking natural disaster, then yeah he's good" Clement finished up his talk that got both of them laughing.

"Iris hun, get him a jumbo burger with a soda" Tucker said and I went into the back to get his order.

A few minutes later and I came out but Clement was all alone. Seems like Tucker's gone off.

" Here you go, the people behind said this order is mostly a take away" I handed him his packaged meal.

"ahh... they never forget. You never told me you work here?"

I forgot to mention that, please don't hate me.

"uhm.. you didn't ask?" oh my God, now he'll think am not grateful.

Then he chuckled "yeah, maybe it's my fault, just maybe" and he winked.

" When is your shift ending?" he continued

"by ten" and I glanced to view the clock that read seventeen minutes past eight. Time to wait tables.

"I'll pick you up okay?"

"but-"

" Yeah, I'll see you too" without waiting for my argument, he walked out of the restaurant.

  And I smiled.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I jumped at Tucker's voice in my ear.

" What!? No. No!." I answered a little too fast.

"I see" He smirked and handed me an apron. " Go wait tables Missy" then pointing to a couple who had just finished their meal.

  I collected the apron and heard the chime of the bell indicating someone just walked in.

" Time to get busy" I said to myself.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

   Twelve more minutes for my shift to be over and I was gathering up a few things.

   Dropping off the last pile of dirty plates in the sink, a co worker called out to me.

" Hey, handle table nine would you? last one for tonight" I nodded and picked up my jotter with a pen. Heading out I froze in my steps as beads of perspiration clouded my forehead.

  Table nine was Hunter and His friend Cameron.

I'm doomed.

I walked grudgingly and slowly to their table with my head bowed. Chanting quick prayers for tonight to be over.

must he follow me everywhere?

" Good evening and welcome to Tucker's, how may I h-help you" I was literally vibrating on my feet.

" Oh, if it isn't my play thing? nice to see me isn't it?" Hunter said with amusement crawling all over his voice.

But I didn't respond. I couldn't.

Heck, I shouldn't.

"we'll have a bowl of spaghetti each. And make it hot" he continued.

  I scribbled their meal and ran to the back.

  They are the last table we have for today, survive them and I can make it home.

    Carrying their tray of food which I made sure was extra hot as they had demanded, I walked briskly to their table. Setting their plate down and turning to make a run for it when he stopped me with a single word.

" Wait!"

  And Cameron just snickered a laugh under his palm.

   Hunter took a bite of his spaghetti and scrunched up his face.

  isn't it hot enough? maybe i should-

  There was no time to finish thinking as he poured his hot bowl of spaghetti all over my head.

" It's fuckin too hot, Cameron let's bail" and the two if them left the building just like that.

    While I had to treat the forming scald at the back of my palm. I picked up their plates and went back to the kitchen to wash up before going.

" What? who the hell did this to you?" The girl who had asked me to handle their table questioned as I approached the back room, attracting the attention of others.

" No need to panic, it's my fault" I replied.

It has always been my fault.

" As if, we need to report this to Tucker, he can ban whoever is responsible" she argued again, almost ripping off her apron.

" I said no worries, I can handle it"

  I went into the changing room to put on my emergency clothes that I always bring in case of mishaps, and cleaned myself up.

" Ha, tell Tucker? I've been telling people who I believe can help me and what difference does it make?. There's basically no point in trying"

   Using a tissue to wipe away the sauce from my face, I got out of the stall to walk home.