Chapter 139: Valerie's Rescue! Dracul and Tepes Meets

Start from the beginning

Nawin takes notice at the man standing beside the Queen, seeing his expression form into a faint sneer, almost like he finds their presence unwelcome and does not look to happy with how his Queen is treating them so kindly and fair. With narrow eyes, Nawin already has a feeling of distaste for this man.

"How many attempts exactly?" Issei asks "Too much, I'm afraid" the Queen replies with a solemn smile "The latest one would be the forty-eighth time, your Majesty" the man inserts with his deep and rough voice. Everyone in the group is shocked by the answer while the Queen's smile grows grimmer. "T-that's insane," Akeno utters "And you are still trying to fix this with negotiations?" Riser asks, looking unfavorable at the idea. Nawin catches a glimpse of agreement on the warrior man's eye by Riser's comment.

"War isn't something we can afford at the moment," the Queen reply, "You can't keep this goal going, your Majesty" the man utters which have Rias, and the rest turn toward him "And may I ask who you are?" she inquires. The man turns to face the group "The names Stan Vonturos, Captain of Military affairs" he answers dismissively.

The Queen sighs and glances at the Captain "Before we even think of going through your plan, Captain Stan... We need to receive Valerie" "This again," Stan grumbles and quickly turns around, walking out of the room "Then have the devils take part of that operation, as you originally wanted. I am not throwing my men lives away just to receive a Dhampir, your Majesty."

Elmenhilde looks annoyed by the Captain sudden exit before turning to her Queen, seeing the woman let out a sigh, explicit exhaustion shows in those red eyes. Nawin takes notice of it too and feels sympathy towards the woman, seeing her trying hard not to have the situation escalate to a full out war, but it seems she is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Even though he held some negative feeling toward vampires, he isn't blinded by it and sees this woman standing there is a kind-hearted person and wants the best for her people, so much she is willing to fight back with her Captain's view.

"Your Majesty," Nawin speaks up, catching the woman's attention and have her turn to him "We are brought here to help so tell us what we can do to help." The group is surprised to see extra motivation the Makasha is displaying, but they smile and turn toward the Queen also looking extra motivated to help.

A smile of gratitude for on the Queen's face by the boy's word. "Nawin Makasha," she speaks "I thank you for your words, I am in relief to see all of you are eager to help stop this conflict. Furthermore," she turns to the Dhampir in the room "Gasper, I'm sorry I couldn't protect Valerie" "I-it's ok, your Majesty" he replies, giving a sincere smile "W-we'll bring h-her back safe" "I know you will."

"Can you first tell us how exactly Valerie got captured?" Rias request "She was taken in this castle, correct?" "Yes, it happened during late at night" the Queen replies, her tone harden at the reminder of a girl she sees as a daughter being kidnapped. "It happened four days ago. Valerie has grown ill and was bedridden for a few days, so it was not a coincidence that the day Marius tried to capture her would be the time Valerie couldn't defend herself. I don't know how he acquired information of her bedridden state, but he got word of it and decided to send his best assassins to infiltrate the castle and kidnapped Valerie in the middle of the night."

"Were there any eyewitnesses?" Akeno question "One of the maids caught a glimpse of the assassins before they exit by the windows, with Valerie on their back. She confirmed it is Marius's men." "Now the question is" Nawin start "Why does Marius want her?" Issei finishes, which get a funny look from Riser. "I-it has to do with h-her sacred gear" Gasper speak up, causing everyone to turn to him "She holds a sacred gear?" Koneko question and gets a confirm nod "Must be a powerful one to warrant a kidnapped" Rias says and gets another nod from the Dhampir.