Chapter 4: Dinner

And now its when the chapters really get different from the original version! (This is the edited and revamped chapter 4)

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!!

~~

I see the roguish man send a smirk in my direction as he waltzes in, his face quickly becoming one of stone. I was a brilliant tomato red as I plop back down into my chair, embarrassed at my outburst.

Matilda sniggers at me but quickly hides it as the group of men come closer to the dining table.

Chancellor leans over to me and grins, "I see you've met?"

I mumble back, "I may have bumped into them previously..."

"Ah welcome!" Queen Scarlett stands, greeting the boys. They stand in front of the guests as my mother introduces them, "This is the new Blade Team. They are a group of Dark Tracker students that will be the first to join the Academy from the territories across the sea."

Across the sea?

The group bows their heads and sits at the empty seats at the table.

Dinner started promptly.

A boy immediately draws my attention. "Hey Princess, my name's Gabe. We met this morning." He winks, his accented voice familiar. Ah, he was one of the background voices. One of his eyes was a beautiful yellowish green while the other was hazel. A heated blush flares into my cheeks. I pick at my food, "Yes... I remember."

He breaks into a grin, the smile lighting up the room. I blink to shock, feeling his warmth enter me. "This big guy next to me is Adrian," He whacks the giant on the left of him, "and over here we have Logan. You've already met our leader," He looks at the blasted man picking silently at his food.

Our eyes meet and a shiver runs down my spine. "That I have," I murmur.

"Hi! Nice to meet you." A high-pitched voice forces its way in.

Gabe and the others turn to look at Matilda who was batting her eyelashes innocent, "What's your name, beautiful?"

She blushes and giggles like a schoolgirl. I roll my eyes in disgust. "I'm Matilda! I'm—Princess Aurora's soon-to-be advisor!" She barely managed to spit out my name.

Tsk. She's a bitch! My voice yips.

"You know," she purrs, leaning in closer, her chest directly in their line of sight, "Your accents are quite attractive... where were you from again?"

Gabe's eyes didn't leave her face to my surprise, "Oh! Well we are from across the sea... my group and I—"

A heated glare draws me away from the conversation. My eyes fall upon the ice man to see him staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I sigh, annoyed. What is his problem with me?

He just tilts his head, the glare vanishing to a cold curiosity, "Don't worry about it Princess." He says my title with almost the same poison that Matilda did.

Today is just not my day. I drop my eyes to my food. The courses are served quickly and were all delicious. The conversation and the company, meanwhile, was horrendous.

My parents' conversation was worst of all.

"She'll have to learn eventually!" My father argues, trying to keep their voices down.

My mother counters, "No. Not until she is strong enough to protect herself."

"She is strong enough!"