Chapter 37: Collapse

So so sorry for the late update!! Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inhale.

"Rora!" A faint voice calls.

Exhale. My chest hurts.

"Arora!" A voice grows louder.

Inhale.

Is that screaming?

My eyes flutter open to see the world grey.

Exhale.

A distance boom sounds. The screaming becomes clearer.

I groan as I push myself off the ground, my muscles faintly screaming under the numbness. I blink. Ashes were floating from the sky.

"Arora!" I hear the voice. Tici?

Something grabs my arm, "Arora! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

I blink again and come in finally see a blond head with dual colored eyes, full of worry, determination, and anger.

"Logan?"

"SHE'S OVER HERE!"

My head finally clears. I whip around, the smell of smoke putrid. The arena was chaos as people were running like headless chickens, trampling over one another. I look in horror as a citizen is pushed over the edge of a railing from the chaotic mob. The world was grey from smoke, dark clouds overhead with lightning striking in thunderous waves. The stage was on fire, burning and crackling.

"WE GOT TO GO!" Logan heaves my arm over his shoulder and lifts me. We jump off the stage right as the top beam of wood cracks and drops, but there was no body attached. Rinaya?? We drop into the sand below, coughing as the sand fills up our soot covered lungs.

"What happened?!" I scream over the screeches of the crowd, coughing.

"You set the stage of fire!" Logan shouts back, "OVER HERE!" He waves and I see shadows near. Then I see her. I all but collapse. Without consciousness, I charge at Rinaya, hugging her tightly, "You are alive!"

She pulls away, tears fresh, limbs shaking, and a smile as she wipes my tears, but nods. Adrian, Grongle, Gabe all rush over. My features soften. "Is everyone ok?" Another cough.

They nod, though faintly.

"Where's the King?"

"He ran off when your lightning attack him!" Grongle shouts. Another scream of terror and we flip to see a citizen be pushed off the edge and barely holding the railing, dangling. Women were crying, children screeching.

My eyes harden. He said he "cares about the citizens", what a bunch of bullshit.

"GABE!" I shout. He tenses. "YOU NEED TO TAKE CONTROL OF THEIR STATES, NOW!"

"But I've never done that many people!! I can barely manipulate you guys!"

With my eyes blazing, I stride over with confident steps, stopping right in front of him, before lunging and kissing him on the cheek. I give his shoulders a squeeze, pulling him out of his shock. "There, now you got a kiss from a Princess who never controlled lighting before. Now, go be a savior and control that many people."

I look at Logan, "Logan, where's the king?"

Logan's eye glows. He squeezes it shut, "He's back at the White Castle. It seems he is talking to soldiers." Logan twitches and snaps his brilliant eyes open, angry, "He going to run."