Chapter 33: The Princes

"So explain again why I have to be carrying him? He's so heavyyyyy." I grunt, hitching the Sun Prince higher up my back as he starts slipping, again.

Jackson raises his scarred eyebrow, looking down upon with me. the pile of the scientist and guard on his shoulder. He was walking like the weight of four full grown men meant nothing. "Really?"

"Yes!" I exasperate, "I'm dying over here, and you are walking like you are holding pillows! Why couldn't you take him?"

"Take him, on top of the pillows of 600 ish pounds of flesh??"

"Easy, right?" I beam up at him and he rolls his eyes. He keeps gliding forward, ignoring my whining.

"Since when have you started complaining?" He comments as I throw the body of the Prince higher up and jog after Jackson.

"Since I learned I was allowed too."

"Good answer."

"Bad question."

He stops at a door at the side of the wall and turns to look at me, "Fuck, I wish I could kiss you right now."

Tingles rush through my body. A shaky breath releases, "W-why don't you?"

Jackson leans in. I close my eyes.

"Because apparently, my brother is 'so heavvvvyyyyyyy' and you must focus your attention on that." He whispers instead in my ear.

Embarrassment flushes through me and I stumbling away from him, "If I wasn't carrying this super heavy man, I would kick you!!"

Jackson laughs and shakes his head, "Get him to his room," He walks back over to pouty me and kisses the top of my head, "my princess. And then I'll come rescue from the tower." He winks, turning away to another door leading to the research rooms.

I watch his powerful figure disappear in the doorway and grumble, "I don't need no saving." With another grunt as I hoist the Sun Prince piggy backing on me higher, I start my way up the stairs of his tower.

It was quick work tying the Prince to a chair in his room. The hard part was getting up those blasted stairs!

I wipe the sweat off the top of my forehead as I finish securing the last knot, "Phew."

"Where did you learn to tie a knot like that?"

I yelp and flip around. There, in the only window of the richly decorated room, was the dark towering figure of my 'Prince Charming' coming to rescue me from the tower. "Geezus Tracker!"

Jackson grins, his white smile bright against his shadowed features. "Seems I can still scare you."

I scowl, "I am still voting for that bell idea!" I stand, wiping off the small bits of rope. Jackson slips inside, "But seriously, where?"

I blink a few times in realization, "Did you... did you climb the tallest damn tower in this castle from the outside?!"

"You avoided the question, Princess."

"So did you, Prince."

"I asked first, Princess..." Jackson mimics my tone, walking predatorily towards me. I stumble away from him until my back hits a wall and gulp. Fuck! Why does his badass-ness still leave me dumbstruck?!

He puts a hand against the wall by my ear, almost pinning me, but leaving one side open, as if to challenge me to run away. "Or should I say... whats your new favorite nickname? Right. My love?" His husky breath rakes through my whole body. Warm liquid heat flows through me and I almost buckle.