Chapter 6 : Just Not My Day

Start from the beginning

"Kelly"

And the names went on and on until there were only two girls left, out of whom I was one.

Please let me be with Sam. Please let me be with Sam.

Please let me be with Sam, I prayed.

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

"Gwen" Beccy finally said.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

"Alyssa, go to Miranda's team," the teacher shouted from the bleachers.

I slowly proceeded towards the other half of the court, cursing my luck today.

"Beware" I heard someone whisper.

At that, I couldn't control my laughter. "Beware? Who even says that?" A few others snickered with me.

I turned to see a very angry and embarrassed Shelly. Her face was bright red due my idiotic mouth.

Maybe I needed to keep my mouth shut 'cause as soon as the game started, my doom approached.

During the whole game, Shelly 'accidentally' missed a few 27 balls which again 'accidentally' hit my head every single damn time.

The whole volleyball match became more of let's-hit-Alyssa match. And that is how I ended up in the medical room....

*Present time*

"Hey, I'll have to go to my class 'cause I have a test due. Will you be okay?" Sam asked, looking concerned.

I gave her a reassuring smile and nodded.

She went away, leaving me alone, surrounded by the deadly white coloured walls and no one else near me *sigh*.

Wait! Since when did I indulge in melodrama?

Oh my God. Shelly must've hit me hard in the head. I'm gonna go insane like this.

***

POKE.

POKE.

"UGH! Candy! Stop poking my head"

"Does it hurt?" he asked, stopping.

"YES! A LOT!"

"Oh" Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

"Now?"

I glared at him hard.

"You know what? This is all your fault, you dumb-headed jerk" I nearly shouted.

"Why did you have to come up and say 'Oh you know, she doesn't have a cat'"

"First of all, I did not say 'Oh you know' plus, 'he stole my cat' wasn't a brilliant excuse"

"It might've worked, keeping in mind how brainless your girlfriend is" I retorted.

"Yeah. And looks like you've lost a plenty of brain cells too"

"It can happen if a person stays with you for a long time"

And the argument continued....

Yeah so after arguing for like what seemed like quarter of an hour, Candy suddenly stopped. I gave him a questioning look but his eyes widened in alarm and he suddenly pushed me aside and quickly covered himself with the blanket and put pillows on top of him.

I was about to say something when I heard the door open.

"Hey, How are you feeling?" Sam came up to me.