Renegade: Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"It's a shame that we did not wear the same outfit as theirs," Kate sighed.

"Don't worry," Hazel smiled. "They will never judge us."

"Oh that is great!" I nodded as I started to push my sister towards the grassy fields.

"Wait a minute," Kate looked around with a puzzled look. "I see new faces around... Plus, it looks like the Democrats had increased in number."

"That's because some of the Rosarios joined our allegiance after the fight," I answered.

"Oh!" Kate nodded. "I really did miss a lot of things."

At the moment my eyes focused on Alexander's tomb, I realized that the monument beside it was still completely covered with a black silky fabric. Just in front of the monument was a wing designed podium which was entirely made out of wood. On this podium stood Commander Hilda with a white colored paper on her hands.

"They surely want to surprise us with his statue," I slightly giggled.

"Indeed," Hazel nodded.

"Gerald, it's finally good to see you," A masculine voice was suddenly heard from our right.

Upon hearing this, we instantly stopped on our tracks and turned our heads towards the source of that voice. Only then we realized that it came from our tan skinned friend named Christopher. Behind him was Scott, Cole, Brandon and Patricia. Wearing the same outfit as ours, they also wore a white colored leather jacket which was paired with a black silky pants.

"It's finally good to see you too," I smiled as our friends stopped on our right.

"Kate, we are glad that you made it," Cole smiled.

"Of course. I already missed a lot. So this is the only way to redeem myself," Kate looked at Cole.

"Guys, I hate to blow the acquaintance moment, but we really need to go towards Alexander's tomb right now," Brandon said seriously. "They all have been waiting for the three of you to arrive."

"Oh! I see," I widened my eyes.

"Well in that case let's go," Hazel said as we rapidly walked towards Alexander's tomb.

At the moment we stood in front of it, Commander Hilda walked towards us and said, "Finally you guys are all here."

"Sorry for the delay," I apologized.

"It's alright," Commander Hilda spoke kindly as I looked at her gold dove inspired gown.

"You look fabulous," Kate smiled.

"Oh thank you, Kate," Commander Hilda curtseyed.

Then, after a few seconds, she asked, "Anyway, are you guys excited?"

"Yup," We all nodded simultaneously.

"Well, if that's the case, let us start this ceremony," She smiled as she walked back towards the wing designed podium.

As for the rest of us, we walked towards the left side of Alexander's tomb and waited patiently for the ceremony to start.

A few seconds later, Commander Hilda tapped the microphone and said, "May I call the attention of everyone... The ceremony is about to start."

Upon hearing this, the crowd turned silent with their heads faced towards Commander Hilda.

Then, with everything settled, she continued with the words, "In this sunny morning, we are here to witness two special events that will surely mark our history books. One of which is the unveiling of Alexander's Monument which is honored for his heroic act. As we all know, he sacrificed his life, so that his Democrat friends can safely inform us all about the crystallized heart's alarming status. Then, this will be followed by the awarding of the Democrats who had fought inside the castle with badges."