Loved or Unloved?: Chapter 19 - Revenge is bitter, not sweet

Start from the beginning

The moment we pushed the front door, a little bell rang and a girl who was about our age, maybe a few years older greeted us from behind the counter. I could tell her eyes were raking all over Nick, checking him out. And clearly, she liked what she saw. But Nick, being Nick was too busy scanning the list of flavors and toppings.

“What would you guys like?” the girl asked but clearly directing the question to Nick.

“I want the mint chocolate and for the toppings, I would like marshmallow, Chocolate waffle rolls, chocolate chip and caramel sauce.”

“Anything else?” the girl asked, raising her eyebrows seductively. I rolled my eyes and bit my lip to hold back my laughter.

“Nope. Sophie, have you decided what you want?” Nick asked, turning to me.

“Yeah, I want the Cookie N Cream and as for the toppings, coco balls, chocolate rice, chocolate chip, cookies and caramel sauce,” I finally said. I had a hard time deciding between caramel sauce or chocolate syrup since the both of them can’t go together. Nick handed the girl his credit card and just like everyone else’s expression, her eyes bulged out and her mouth hung open. Realizing how stupid she looked, she quickly closed her mouth and sprinted off to prepare our orders.

“And I thought it would get old, but it still cracks me up,” I commented.

“It never gets old, trust me.” We both laughed and the girl returned with our orders. Putting them on the counter, she quickly grabbed two napkins but wrote something on one of them before handing it to Nick with his frozen yogurt and shoving mine to me. Winking at Nick, she motioned him to look at the napkin. Nick opened it and his eyes twinkled out of amusement. Grabbing his napkin, the girl wrote her number there and added a ‘call me, u know u want 2’. I couldn’t hold it in anymore so I let out another round of laughter, cradling my stomach which hurt from laughing with my free hand.

Nick gently placed the napkin on the counter. “I’m not interested, sorry.”

Staring at the delicious frozen yogurt in front of me, I lost the little self-control I had. I spooned big mouthfuls into my mouth while standing there, not bothering to look for a table.

“And here I thought you were on a diet,” teased Nick.

“I never said I was on diet,” I grinned.

“Well you should be. What are you? Size one thousand?” the girl behind the counter asked. What the hell? Did she just call me fat?!

Nick wrapped his free arm around my waist, I looked at him curiously but he just smiled at me. “Firstly, there’s no such thing as size one thousand. Secondly, have you looked in the mirror lately? If there was a size one thousand, I’d say you need it more than my girlfriend here, my girlfriend is clearly a million times more in shape than you,” Nick retorted for me. The girl blushed furiously at Nick’s words, she quickly went back to work and we both went for a table by the corner of the shop.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I pointed out.

“No one insults Sophie and gets away with it and hey, you aren’t fat, trust me, you are nowhere near fat.”

I smiled at his words. “Thanks Nick.”

“Anytime, Soph.” I fed myself another delicious spoonful of frozen yogurt. I swear, this is a piece of heaven! Before I could feed myself some more, my phone went off. Groaning, I looked at the caller id, Zac.

“Hello, Zac?”

“Sophie, where are you? This is an emergency. Jade’s in the hospital, she got mugged, that’s what I heard. Can you now?” I felt my heart drop. Jade’s in the hospital? Is she okay? What are her injuries? There were millions of questions floating around my head.