Loved or Unloved?: Chapter 18 - Was it fun?

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Was it fun?

“Zac is getting discharged tomorrow, how should we celebrate?” Jade suddenly voiced out. Oh crap! I nearly forgot Zac is getting discharged tomorrow.

“Let’s bring him to a bar and get him drunk?” Nick suggested.

“No, he said he doesn’t like crowds.”

“What about we prepare a picnic for him? I could pack the food,” I offered.

“That’s too girly!” complained Nick.

“What about the four of us go watch a movie?”

“No, it wouldn’t be a celebration that way.”

“Well, what should we do then?” I asked, exasperated.

“Hey, you guys know Jamie joined the Interact Club at her school right?” Jade questioned.

“Yup, but what does it have to do with the celebration for Zac?” Nick asked, clearly confused.

“Well, it’s her installation day tomorrow.”

“What’s installation?” Nick and I both asked at the same time.

“An installation is when all the probationers of the club become official members!” Jamie answered excitedly, bouncing into the Jade’s room.

“Hi Jamie!”

“Hello!”

“Yeah maybe we could go to it with Zac, that way not only do we get to have fun, we can morally support Jamie!” suggest Jade.

“Hmm, an installation sounds really boring though,” Nick pointed out. I nodded my head in agreement.

“Well, it’s not going to be boring! We have amazing performances and great food!” Jamie informed.

“I like the idea of food and I think Zac does too, but does he like such events?” Nick pondered.

“He once told me he really likes kids,” I recalled.

“Then it’s settled.”

“Yay! All of you guys are coming, my friends are going to be so jealous!” cheered Jamie. The three of us smiled at Jamie’s enthusiasm.

***

“Why would an installation be fun?” questioned Zac from inside the toilet.

“There will be great performances and delicious food. And I know you like kids. Hurry up before we’re late for it,” I shouted, outside of the toilet.

A second after I finished my sentence, Zac came out of the door, looking as fine as ever dressed in his white button up shirt, long black pants and styled up hair.

He whistled. “Looking hot there, Soph.” I blushed, looking down at the black sequined dress Nick bought for me the other day.

“Not too bad there yourself, mister.”

“Hey you guys, hurry up before Jamie kills us for being late!” Jade shouted from the doorway. I walked briskly towards the doors with Zac following behind. Closing the door behind me, I quickly walked towards Nick’s Porsche.

“Why are we going to an installation to celebrate?” Zac groaned again.

“You’ll have fun, I swear,” I said.

“You better hope so. You made Nick wake me up at 8 in the morning and literally dragged me here, without telling me what was going on,” complained Zac, yawning.