Loved or Unloved?: Chapter 19 - Revenge is bitter, not sweet

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Revenge is bitter, not sweet

Grabbing my jacket close to my sides tightly, I exited the shopping mall and quickly walked to my car, nervously looking left and right. Ever since I was in the shopping mall, there was lingering feeling of someone following me and it was still there. Call me paranoid, but I’ve been like this ever since I got that call.

I quickened my pace as I heard footsteps behind me. Just as I was about to reach my car, I felt a cold, sharp blade press against my neck.

“You will follow me without a sound or you’ll spend the last minutes of your life in this parking space,” threatened the voice.

“What do you want?” I questioned.

“I want you dead.”

The shrill ringing of a phone jolted me awake. I quickly answered the phone. “Hello?” I panted while wiping the sweat on my forehead with my free hand.

“Soph! Nick here. Where are you?”

“I-I’m at home. Why?” I answered.

“Are you alright Soph? Why do you sound like you just ran a race?” questioned Nick.

“I’m fine, don’t worry.”

“Okay.. anyway want to go out and grab some frozen yogurt?”

“Sure,” I agreed.

“I’ll be at your house in 10 minutes,” informed Nick.

“See you!”

“Bye!” and with that I ended the call. Jumping out of bed, I quickly looked at the mirror. Sweat was trickling down my forehead and my clothes were also drenched with sweat. That was one hell of a nightmare, I thought.

Quickly grabbing my towel, I jumped into the shower and bathed, making sure to wash away the sweat. Once I was done, I quickly dried myself and put on a black dress with white polka dots, with ruffles around the top part of the dress and it ended just above my knees. Grabbing a matching black bag, I shoved in my phone, wallet and things I needed before grabbing a hair brush to brush through my tangles, making my hair look more presentable. Looking at the full-length mirror, I was satisfied with the reflection, given the little time I had to prepare. Hearing the doorbell, I quickly rushed down the stairs before any of the servants could answer the door.

Flinging the door open, I saw Nick standing on the porch, dressed in a white shirt and jeans with his ruffled blond hair, looking as good as always.

“Looking good, Soph,” Nick said while eyeing me up and down, making me feel very self-conscious.

“Not too bad yourself, flatter-boy,” I replied. He chuckled at my comment and lead me to his Porsche. Once we both got on and buckled our seat belts, Nick pulled out of our driveway and we were on the way to Momo’s froyo which was 10 minutes away from my house.

I turned on the radio in time to hear the starting chords of Maroon 5’s Payphone. Nick and I both grinned knowingly at each other before I turned the volume up and started singing loudly like a lunatic with Nick.

“I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone
Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?”

We both laughed at our singing and before we knew it, Momo’s froyo came into view. After parking his car, Nick put it into parking gear and once we both got out, he locked the car before walking over to me and putting his hand at the small of my back, ushering me into the little, comfortable shop.