Epilogue

A/N: Long Chapter Ahead

                                            *         ^        *         ^         *          ^      *

2 months later

I sighed as I lay down on my bed. Saving up all the money I could from my small jobs, I decided to get a small apartment and live alone. It's not much, just a one bedroom apartment, but it's enough for me and I'm grateful.
Every night, Jimin greets me in my dreams. They all start off happy, but always end with him burning away in the fire while I can only watch him slowly be engulfed by the flames.

My heart hurts whenever I dream this, but sometimes, he comes to me at night and reassures me, telling me that he's fine. I long to see those dreams, but they happen ever so occasionally.

--

It's a rainy day today. The sky's dull; a mixture of grey and blue- not bright blue, but a very pale and almost dead one instead. Ironically, I enjoy this type of weather. It's only drizzling slightly, nothing too severe, so I'll just wear my coat instead.

I stepped out of my building, the petrichor smell filling my nose. Off to work at the bar again. My small figure is lost in the crowds of people with umbrellas shielding their heads. We're all stuck together, busy bees trying to get to our specified destinations. As I walk through these mounds of people, someone bumps my shoulder hard.

"I'm sorry."

That voice. How am I supposed to forget that voice?

Hastily I turn around, seeing the man disappearing into the crowd. Not caring about anything in the world, I pushed people aside, trying to get to that specific person. I'm about to reach him, but someone comes in my way. Pushing them aside, I look around, but he's nowhere to be found.

"Aargh!" I yell, earning stares from the surrounding people. My heart stops momentarily, was it really him?

How can he be here?

I need to find him before it gets dangerous.

I'm not letting him get away!

--

Time- 11:37 pm.

"Thank you, bye," I wave at my boss as she hands me over my salary. It's dark out, and I had to work until night today because my colleague who works the night shift had called in sick today. Stuffing my pay into my bag, I walk out of the bar and outside. It's deserted almost, except for some of the drunk men and women out here and the few teens. The streets are dimly lit here, so I make sure to walk fast. That same feeling lingers in me, a feeling I haven't felt for a few months. The feeling that someone is watching me, that someone is behind me. I quicken my pace, my heart only shatters as I hear their pace quicken behind me. I'm not taking any chances, and because I'm a fast runner, I take into a full on sprint into a random street, not wanting the person to know where my house is. I don't stop here, instead I run farther and farther until I'm 100 percent certain I'm not being followed anymore. My hands rest on my buckled knees, my lungs grasping for air. It takes me a minute to calm down until I carefully make my way back home.

I pull the sheets over my head, snuggling into their warmth. I check the time- 12:00 am.
My brain recalls what happened earlier. That voice, and then me being followed. I need to see him in person, I'm not taking any chances in losing him.

I've been asleep for an hour I think, until I hear some noise outside.

???'s POV

I've been left hungry and cold and have no option but to steal. That woman from earlier, she looked as if she had gotten her pay and she looked uncomfortably familiar. She thought she escaped from me, heh, she didn't.