31

*         ^        *         ^         *          ^      *

The curtains had drawn open, and from back stage, I could hear T.O.P's booming voice, along with the audiences loud cheers.

"We start off our first act with a little magic trick. Chim, take this!" He bellowed.
After a few minutes, I could hear the audience gasp in astonishment and then there was a burst of applause. As I waited for my act to start, someone came and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see and old man smiling warmly at me.

"I'm Arnold," he said, while shaking my hand.
"Hello Arnold," I replied.
"Are you a victim of T.O.P along with your friend Jimin?" He asked, his voice now barely above a whisper.
"Y-yes.." I trailed off.
"I've been a victim of his for years, and I know how hard it is. I want to help you both escape."
I looked him in the eye, not certain of whether he was speaking the truth or was just fooling me.
"How?" I finally managed to ask.
"Well you see, after all these years of working with him, I've learned the passages of his mansions, and I've also learned to differentiate between what are tricks and what are real, along with learning some magic myself. I want to help you two get out, I've met your friend Jimin and he was eager for help." I looked in his eyes, they were kind and they seemed to be telling the truth.
"Alright Arnold, I'll take your help, I'm Mina by the way." I said smiling slightly.
"Okay Mina, the first thing you need to know is to trust me, if you see any note like this," he pulled out a silky blue paper, "that means it's from me and I want to help."
"Another very important thing is-"

"Mary will be performing the next act with our precious Callidus!"

Mary was my stage name, and that meant I had to leave.

"Thank you for your help Arnold, I have to leave," with that, I turned away and walked towards the stage.

The beating of my heart increased as I saw all those eyes glued to me.
Making my voice a bit higher pitched, I started to speak, "Ladies and gentlemen, Callidus and I will be performing under water!" The audience cheered loudly for me. Soon, Callidus appeared behind me, slithering gracefully around my legs as the audience opened their mouth in awe. As I looked towards them, my heart almost stopped as I spotted two familiar faces. I was 100 percent sure that those two faces belonged to Wheein and Jungkook.

Shaking my head, I turned my attention towards the large pool that was being brought out.
I gestured my hands towards the pool as Callidus magnificently slipped in, swirling around the clear water, until it started to change colours. I shuddered knowing I had to get into the pool with the creature.

After performing one more trick with the snake, I bowed and left stage. Tomorrow I had to perform two other tricks, while on the last day I had to do "tight rope over hell." I shuddered just at the name. Someone shouted my name, turning around I saw T.O.P running towards me. "You did great young lady!" He smiled. Though I felt happy knowing he wasn't angry at me, or he wasn't gonna punish me, I still felt uneasy. "Thanks."

Wheein's POV

"Wow, that show was great!" I squealed.
"You wanna attend the other two days?" Jungkook asked.
"Of course!" I said.
"Okay, I'll pick you up then," he said, as we walked towards his car. As we sat in the car, Jungkook turned the light on. "I umm have something for you..." he said blushing.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Here," he handed me a little green snake ring which wrapped around my finger.
"I know that we're both worried about our friends, but I really like you Wheein. Will you be my g-girlfriend?" He stuttered. I turned red as my heart started to beat loudly.
"I've liked you for a really long time too, I was just too shy to admit it, so yes of course!" I smiled brightly. He smiled and gave me a hug. After that, he drove me home. When we reached outside my house, he got out of the car and walked towards me.
He then hugged me tightly as I returned the hug, I could feel his heart beating fast in his chest. "Stay safe," he said against my hair. "I will, you too." He pulled away and looked at me shyly before quickly pecking me on my lips and walking away. I blushed and waved goodbye as he did the same.
I feel so happy right now, yet bad. What is Mina going through right now? Is she hurt? I'm here getting a boyfriend while she's gone missing somewhere.