9

*         ^        *         ^         *          ^      *

Mina's POV

I unlocked the door to my house, being greeted by my mother- she was crying.

"Mom, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I went up to her with worry.

"Y-your grandma, she passed away today," was all she could manage to say before she broke into sobs again.

My heart shattered, as tears made their way into my eyes and down my cheeks.

I loved her greatly.
She was always by my side, supporting me.
She was like a second type of mother for me.

Quickly, I wiped my tears away, trying to stay strong for mom.

"Don't cry mom, she'll always be here with us, in our hearts," I tried to keep my voice stable, but it was clear to anyone that I was trying not to cry.

"Go get ready...the funerals in an hour," she patted my back and walked away.

Time skip

The funeral passed by.
Many relatives were there, crying and consoling my mom and I (because my mom was my grandma's only child).

I went home and plopped down onto my bed, remembering all the good times I had with my grandma. With my tears stained cheeks, I soon drifted off into dream land.

Time skip (Sunday, two days after the funeral)

I went to the graveyard with flowers in my hand.
My grandma loved jasmines, so I had previously went to the flower shop and had bought those.

It was silent at the graveyard.
I looked over at her gravestone, as a small tear escaped my eye.
Quietly, I placed the flowers down on her grave, and closed my eyes for a minute, enjoying this moment of silence.

Some leaves crunched around me, and my eyes instantly shot open.
I looked ahead to see a boy placing flowers on a grave.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to sneak up on the guy.

He looked awfully familiar.

I tiptoed, avoiding the leaves and twigs on the ground.
I was only about 8 meters away from him, when a twig snapped under my boots.
Great going.
He turned around to see me, and both our eyes widened.
Jimin?
"Oh, h-hi Mina, what are you doing here?" He questioned me.
"Oh, nothing," I trailed off.
"You can't just be at the graveyard for no reason," he said, raising a brow.
"I'll tell you, if you tell me first."
"What?"
"Of course, tell me why you're here," I said.
"Oh," he looked a bit hurt.
"I-I was here visiting my mother's grave...she passed away last year in an accident," he looked down, avoiding my gaze.
At once I regretted asking him this question.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm here to visit my grandma's grave...she passed away on Friday."
There was a moment of silence between us.
The wind blew lightly, causing our hair to silently wave about.
"So, you live with your dad?" I asked out of the blue, not thinking over my question.
He looked up, and his gaze hardened.
"No. My parents got divorced when I was 8. He didn't visit me after mom's death. I live alone now."
Why do I keep asking questions that I will regret!?
"I-I'm really sorry, I shouldn't be asking questions like these. But I understand you at least a bit," I said.
"And how's that?"
"My father, he left my mom when I was only a year old. I'll be going now, my mom's gonna worry, bye." With that, I left and walked away, not even giving him a chance to reply to me.

My heart has kind of softened.
I felt bad for him.
He lives alone, doesn't he ever get lonely?

Hey, Mina! What are you even thinking?!
Yeah of course he lives alone and stuff, but he wouldn't want your pity now, would he?
Also, he's been bullying you too, and suddenly he starts treating you like a little kid after what happened at the pond, you gotta show him that you aren't a little girl, and that you're strong!

I shook my head.
Yeah, what am I even doing?
He wouldn't need my pity.
And remember, he's still my enemy.

*author's POV*

But as Mina walked home, she didn't realize how the boy felt.
Instead of having thoughts like hers running around his head, he wanted to help her and be with her, and he felt extremely hurt when she left him without giving him a chance to answer.

_______________________________________________________
A/N: hiya🤡
Did you guys find this chapter interesting or just boring?
Even I start to feel bad for Jimin. Mina, at least show the guy some friendliness, will ya!?
Heh, oh well...maybe she never will...maybe she will....who knows🤷🏻‍♀️
If you wanna know, then vote for this chapter and comment below (lmao, you don't have to do that...shameless self promotion at its best 😁)