26

* ^ * ^ * ^ *

My head snapped in the other direction. The beating of my heart only increased as I could see the shiny emerald creature emerging from the darkness. It slithered slowly up to me, entwining around my legs, causing me to flinch a bit. My heart was beating rapidly, this thing is so damn huge! My body tensed up as it's grip on my legs tightened.

"She's just practising her constricting skills on you," T.O.P cooed, petting her head with gentle hands as she hissed in pleasure.
"Yeah, tell her not to practise them on me," I said nervously.
"Don't be scared of her, the more you're scared, the more you become a target for her..." his eyes sparkled as though he remembered something of his past. Maybe he had unconsciously told me this piece of information. Why would he give me this helpful piece of advise anyway? I decided to act as if I had not heard him, so that he wouldn't realise what he just said.
"The circus is in 4 months my child. We'll need a lot of training done by then. It is a grande circus performed in front of many, so don't ruin my reputation," he sneered my way before waving his hand at me, dismissing me to my room. I got up and walked away. A maid popped out of the blue, holding onto my arm and guiding me up to my room. Surprisingly, when I had reached my room it had changed quite a lot. The walls were a deep maroon, navy blue and off white, all put into stripe patterns. My bed was no longer the tiny and plain white four wooden boards. Instead, in its place was a marvellous king sized bed with silky soft crimson sheets and lace curtains fluttering over me. My dresser was littered with fairy lights and a set of small yet elegant two sofas and one table rested peacefully in one corner. Though the room was like a circus tent in its self, I still felt scared. I was stuck in a place where it is almost impossible for me to escape.
I sank into the silly sheets, enjoying the coolness climbing up my body.

He said that we'd perform in front of thousands.

Thousands.

We could be performing in this city!

I do have hope of escaping after all...

Jimin's POV

I was called down to the room with T.O.P. We had a meeting about my duties. I'm gonna be in a circus, huh? And over top of that, as his assistant. Mina is also going t be in there with me. I have a feeling we'll be able to escape.

As I laid down in my newly furnished room, I remembered kissing Mina and my heart beat fastened. I've really really liked her since so many years, and now- now I know I'm in love with her.
I rolled to the other side, hugging my pillow tightly.

If only I could see her right now.

I woke up after at least two hours when a constant knocking could be heard at my door. At first, I decided to ignore it, one, because I was too tired, two, because I was too scared to go and check. But it wouldn't stop, and only got louder as the seconds ticked by. Groaning in frustration, I lazily walked up to my door only to find it locked.
Yeah of course it's gonna be locked, so who'd be knocking from the outside?! As I was about to turn back, the door clicked open, and I stopped dead in my tracks.
I shouldn't go outside. This is a trap.
But as I went near my bed, I saw a snake slithering on the silky sheets. Not the snake, but some other one instead. That's when I decided to turn back and just go outside. A little rabbit stood at the front of my door, thumping its foot impatiently on he floor. As he noticed me outside, he looked at me with an expression so human like that I became surprised. It waggled its little tail before hopping away and looking back. That's how they do it in movies right? Like I'm supposed to follow this thing now. We were only walking for a minute or so when it came to an abrupt stop. I made sure to observe my surroundings as I was following the creature around. It held its little paw up, waving it around three doors before hopping off into the darkness. Am I supposed to go into one of these rooms? I opened the first door. The room was empty. The second room was also the same. At the third room, I found a small note:

"I'm a prey of the master of illusions. I've been with him for several years now, and I pity you guys, so using his skills, I created my own illusion to help you escape."

I looked around to see if anyone was there. Then, taking in a deep breath, I opened the last door. It was a bed room. I closed the door behind me, and it instantly clicked to lock. It's an automatic lock, isn't it? I turned the lamp on cautiously, only to find Mina snoozing in bed. What am I supposed to do now? Going back to the door, I tried opening it, even though I knew it was locked. My head turned towards her figure and unconsciously a smile spread across my lips. Slowly and gently, I climbed into bed next to her, turning the lamp off and putting an arm around her waist, falling asleep with her musky and calm scent lingering around my nose.

"I love you Mina," I said, before planting a slight kiss on her head and closing my eyes.