18

* ^ * ^ * ^ *

Mina's POV

We're really hopeless...
I should've at least brought some knife or something along with me when he asked me to come with him.
I didn't know where he was taking me.
I could've at least taken some safety precautions.
I should've just rejected him, that way, I would not have ever gotten into this mess, but knowing this bastard, I knew he'd go alone even if I didn't agree.

My head spun because of my thoughts.

There are no "would haves" or "should haves" now Mina, what has happened has already happened, and you can't change that.
Looking back into your past and thinking about the decisions you possibly could've made is no of use, because you've already made them, and now you're here.

I took in a large breath, wanting to forget everything, wanting to make these bedsheets dissolve into my own, but that can't happen you dummy.

My eyes landed on Jimin, he blankly stared out the window.

"Mina, come here," he called out, his eyes were still glued to the window.

I got up and went to him.

"Yeah?"

"Look, isn't it weird that we can't see any main road from here, after all, this mansion isn't very far." He pointed towards the expanse of thorns.

"Also, these thorns, they don't look real, like I haven't seen any species of plants like this anywhere," he stated with suspicion.

"Let's test it," I said.

I got a little brush from the dressing table and threw it down from the window.
To our surprise, the brush went right through it without making a single noise or causing the thorns to move. In fact, the thorns fluctuated a bit and we could see the brush right on the floor like through glass.

"It's a hologram put there just to trick us," Jimin said.

"That means we can escape," I said, excited now.

"Okay, I'll go first down the drainpipe to see if it's safe," he said, as he started to climb out the window.

His flexible body gracefully climbed onto the sill and onto the drain pipe beside him, then like a squirrel, he scurried down, and surely, he was standing right through the "thorns."
He gave me a little thumbs up, gesturing me to come down.
I slightly gulped, then climbed out of the window, my hands gripped the pipe, and slowly, I made my way down.
As I was halfway, I heard the upstairs door open.
My eyes widened, and I quickly slid down.

"Jimin, I heard someone open the door upstairs, run!"

We both sprinted away, weaving through the lines of long trees and bushes and finally stopped when we were sure that we were far from the mansion.

"This is some weird ass shit," I said.

"Right," he panted.

My eyes widened.

"Jimin!" I ran to pull him away.