6

*      ^       *        ^        *        ^        *

I stood at the pond and waited patiently.
He still had five minutes to get here.

Exactly at 7:45, I saw him walking towards me.

"Let's get this over with," he grumbled once he neared me.

"Okay."

We went to the edge of the pond, it was pretty deep.
I was always scared of deep and dark waters, 1) because I think some weird creature is going to jump out and catch me, 2) I can't swim.

I was helping him look around for worms.
"How about this one?" He held one up in his fingers, while it squirmed helplessly.
"Nope. We need a juicy and fat one," I smirked evilly.

I spotted two really big ones near the pond, and went to grab them.
They felt wet and sticky on my warm and dry hands.

"Here, take these two," I held out my palm.
He gagged as he brought them close to his lips.

"T-this is disgusting...and I honestly don't know why I signed up for this..." Jimin groaned before putting them in his mouth.

"AHHH OH MY GOD!" I gagged as I looked at him.
He made a weird and sour face while chewing on them.

"Just swallow them already, I don't wanna watch more!" I yelled in disgust.

He swallowed them and looked like he wanted to cry.

"I'm leaving."

"Ahh wait, let me just get my ring, I think I dropped it near the pond," I said as I rushed to the edge.

But my biggest nightmare came true.

I slipped in the mud and fell straight into the deep water.

"Akghj- hgekp mgeee!" I flailed my arms, screaming while the water entered my mouth.
That was it. I'm gonna die today...

Tears welled up in my eyes as I found myself panicking and it becoming difficult for me to breathe as more and more water forced its way into my mouth.

Everything was becoming blurry. One second my head was above the water, the other second it was under.
I didn't want to die today. No, not today.

I was crying, panicking, drowning, choking at the same time, until I heard a splash and someone calling my name.

My body was picked up out of the water, as I held onto the person while crying hysterically.

I felt myself being put down into the ground.
I felt dizzy and lightheaded.

"Mina! Mina!" I heard him calling my name.

My consciousness was getting away rapidly.

Before I was totally out, I felt a pair of lips on mine blowing air into my lungs.
And finally, after half a minute, I was jerked into reality, coughing out small fountains of pond water.

I hugged him and cried endlessly.

"You stupid girl! How can you just slip into the pond like that!? Do you not have eyes!?" He yelled at me, I felt embarrassed of myself.

"I- I'm sorry..." I sobbed as I looked up at him, embarrassed of what just happened.

"You could've died if it wasn't for me!" He yelled.

"Sorry...sorry..." I kept on mumbling, traumatised by the experience.

His eyes softened as he looked at me in this state.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go off like that, I was just really worried about you. Should I take you home?"
I gripped his shirt tightly.
"No! My mom will get worried seeing me like this. I don't want to have any more problems piling up on her," I said.

"If that's the case, you're coming with me," he said.

I felt him picking me up.

"Put me down, I can manage on my own," I said.

"Hm, NO."

He walked for about 4 minutes before we reached a house and entered it.

He put me down on the sofa and left.
"I'll be right back."

A minute later, he came back with a random white t-shirt and some shorts which seemed to have gotten small on him.

"Here, take these and go change. Shower if you want to, I don't want my house smelling like dirty pond water," he said as he made a face.

I rolled my eyes at him.
"Okay, thanks by the way..." I smiled at him, as he genuinely smiled back.

"No problem."

"You go shower too, after all, you also jumped into the pond " I said, walking away smiling.

I found the bathroom and quickly showered and changed.
The shirt reached mid thigh, while the shorts were just under my knees.

Eh, good enough. At least I skipped school, so yay!

I went outside, to see him showered and changed.
His blonde hair wet and wavy.

Shit.

He looked extremely good right now.

"Umm...I better get going, thanks for basically saving my life, but the dare game isn't off," I said as I walked towards him.

"Oh okay, bye Mina," he said.

Before I was about to leave, he hugged me tightly making my heart stop.

His warm breath tickled my neck and I felt my cheeks redden.

"Don't be so stupid like you were at the pond. Stay safe next time- not that I want you to, I'm just saying that so I won't get accused of murdering you or something," he said before letting go.

"Seriously?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, it's not like I care about you or something," he said smugly.

"Really? This coming from the same guy who said he was really worried about me," I shook my head as I walked out while waving a small goodbye.

I really don't like the guy, but one thing I hate is that he's so damn good looking, and over that he saved my life, that I can't really hate him in an enemy way, but more of in a frenemy type of way.

Okay, this is confusing, just go home now.

_______________________________________________________
A/N: I changed my style a bit, and this time I brought romance-ish stuff and drama in the beginning chapters instead of like the near end like I did for "insane without you."
But that doesn't mean they'll start being together soon, oh no no no 😏😏😏