23

* ^ * ^ * ^ *

Sorry, but I can't save fakes.

I ran out of that place, but new things kept coming my way.
I opened every door, hoping to see the exit somewhere.
Hoping to find my freedom.

I opened the door to see a figure laying in there.
I smiled.
See, I knew it.
Don't call me a betrayer.
Because I'm not.

The door behind me shut and I walked up to the figure. He was badly hurt and lay there with torn clothes. He was real until the banging parts. The guy who kissed me was real too. The guy who was left with me in the room wasn't. The guy who escaped with me when the snake took him was a fake too.
I left Jimin in the room with the snake, because the real Jimin was here all along.
I went up to him and squatted down beside his figure.
"Jimin, wake up. I'm here to save you. I'm here to get you out."
He opened his eyes and looked at me.
"Mina...T.O.P he brought me here after the maze-"
"I know, now come on." I lifted him up, though it was hard, I put in all my energy.
He grunted in pain.
"I'm sorry," he said as he leaned on my shoulder.
"Don't be."

We slowly walked out of the room together and towards the main door. When I opened the door, T.O.P stood firm there. I touched the hologram...turns out it wasn't one.

"You thought you really had a chance at escaping?" He let out a light hearted chuckle.
"Wrong." He grabbed our arms and dragged us into a small room, locking us in there.
Though I did try to fight back, it was like trying to break a rock with one finger.
The room was windowless and small. We were completely surrounded by darkness.

"What have I done Mina?! Tell me what I've done?!" He cried loudly.
"It's all my fault I've brought you here!" He burst into tears.
I closed my eyes.

You did.
You brought us both into this.
But there's no turning back now, is there? What has happened has happened, and when there's a chance of freedom, we both seek it together, there is no leaving anyone behind. We came here together, we get out together.

I laid my head on his shoulder and decided to let my dreams bring me back to a better world.

Something was moving.
We were moving.
"Jimin, what's going on?" I asked, yawning.
"They-they're taking us somewhere far away..."
I shot up into a straighter position.
"Where?!" I was panicking now.
"I honestly don't know..." he seemed distant.

The room seemed to be moving for hours now.
I was sure we had been gone for 4 days altogether- the room still moved.

Wheein's POV

Mina hasn't been coming to school along with Jimin.
I was starting to get really worried, it's been 5 days without her here and Jimin.
I went to Jimin's friends and asked them if they knew his whereabouts.

"Hey guys."
"Hey" I received six replies.

"Jimin hasn't been coming to school along with Mina for 5 days, and I'm worried something has happened to them. Do you know by any chance where he can be?"
They all looked at each other.
"In fact, we had the same question for you. We really don't know where he is at all, the last time he talked to us was 6 days ago."

That's weird.

As we were working in class, a group of police officers came into our class. Everyone stopped working and concentrated on the officers now.
"Hello students," one officer said.
"Good morning," we replied.
"We're here to discuss something very important." The officer said, gesturing our teacher to shut the door.
I sat up attentively.
"Do you guys know Kim Mina and Park Jimin?" He asked.
My heart started beating fast.
"Yes," the whole class replied.
"These two students went missing 5 days ago and nobody knows their whereabouts. We are highly concerned for them as they went missing so suddenly. We believe after a bit of investigation that Mina went missing at about 1 in the morning. About Jimin, no one knows. It seems as though both the students escaped, but they haven't come back since. Did they have any relationship?" The officer asked.
The class was quiet, trying to digest all the news.
My heart felt like it was going to explode. I'm really worried for Mina. That dare game...no one knows how far it went. I didn't know that the problem was this serious...and I was damn scared.
"Yes," I spoke up.
Everyone turned their heads towards me.
"Go on."
"They were playing this dare game for over a month, and seemed to be okay friends," I said.
"The dares were pretty simple, but I'm not quite sure of how far they went," I continued, trying to ignore all the stares coming my way.
"Very well, we'll be doing a short questioning session with each of you guys," the officer said.
We were taken to different rooms, my palms were getting sweaty from nervousness.
"Jung Wheein," my name was called. I straightened out my skirt with shaky hands and walked to the other room.
"Sit down," the officer said to me. The room was dimly dimly lit. I pulled out a chair and sat down.
"You seemed to have some information for us back there in the class. Tell me your relationship with the two," he asked me, eyes never leaving my face.
"I-I'm Mina's best friend. Jimin and her used to be enemies. They started to play this dare game, and started to get along pretty well. The dares, they weren't extreme, just simple and funny, nothing too far...not that I know of."
"Interesting, thank you, you can take your leave now."

I walked out.
My head was spinning with thoughts of what could've happened to Mina. Wonder if she got kidnapped along with Jimin?! Wonder if they're dead?! What if Jimin and her ran away together...
My head was spinning with possibilities.
As I walked home, I saw many police cars surrounding a street.
Curiosity got the best of me, and so I walked to the area.
It was a normal street with large trees, but it gave off an eerie vibe, a feeling that I couldn't describe.
"May I ask what's going on here?" I walked up to an officer.
"There has been a case of two missing students. One of the students, said she had been given a dare of going to this street to a large mansion, but when we checked it wasn't there, so we are investigating again," he said, looking around.
"Oh, well thank you, have a nice day," I said walking away, but my heart was racing.
He's talking about Mina and Jimin.

At night, I snuck out of my house to the area the police were investigating. I lived right beside Mina, why didn't I ask her mother earlier?!
It was dark, and my eyes widened when I shone the flashlight around.
The street had completely changed. The trees were tall and dead, they loomed over me, watching my every move. There was a dark mansion just in the middle of it. The mansion looked like it came straight out of a horror movie. It's the mansion Mina was talking about that the police officer told me about.
I was practically inviting myself to my own death, but she's my best friend and I can't let anything happen to her.
The door creaked open.
It was really old. The floor was rotten and nails stuck out. The wall paper was peeling off, thick layers of dust could be seen resting on every inch of the mansion. I investigated further, the mansion just got weirder as I found out more about it. I had that weird feeling I was being watched. Every move I made, I could sense somebody watching my actions take place. Shaking the feeling off, I saw footprints on the floor. They led to a large room. Slightly pushing the door open, I observed the room. It had a ceiling made up of glass and plants took over most of it.

I think that's enough investigation for today, let me just get out.
I quickly tiptoed to the front door before running away as fast as my legs could carry me. I was sure Mina and Jimin were here. I had this strong feeling in my gut which never lied.

_______________________________________________________
A/N: Your confusion may be gone with this chapter, and also may come back at you😉