Chapter Eight: Bringing Her Home

Bắt đầu từ đầu

That's the worst case scenario.

But I'd be willing to go through anything for the will of my mate.

I would fight for her even if it means I have to go rogue with my mate.

I would make her go rogue with me over letting the filthy paws of the werewolf council touch her any day. Who knows what they would do with her.

I have faith in my pack, though. I believe that they will support me. Because it's not a matter of if they find out, it's a matter of when.

The scent of vampire is distinguishable. It's hard to explain, but vampires smell like the dead of night. Predators. Beings whom are dangerous and are to be feared.

"We're home." I announce as I pull into the gravel road that leads to my home. I feel anxious to see my family again and I feel excited to be home once more. I do get homesick from time to time, and it feels nice to finally be returning with my mate.

Once a werewolf finds their mate, it is customary for them to move into a new house located on the pack lands. And since the pack land happens to be several hundred miles, I get to choose wherever I want to place my new home.

But of course, that will be a topic later discussed with my mate.

First, she must get used to me and get to know me before any of that happens.

First, I must introduce her to her new family.

And I'm nervous.

My parents, especially my dad, despises the vampires. My mom has suffered tremendously by their hand, and my dad would do anything it takes to protect her.

I can only hope that they except me and my mate because they are my support system. I rely on them and their support so if they don't give me that, it will feel like a silver bullet to my heart.

I stop the truck and look over at my little mate in the front seat. She's huddled up, her knees are pulled to her chest and her skeletal frame hunched over in fear. She refuses to look at me still, despite the many times I've told her she can.

Looking at how skinny she is, I know I need to get her food as soon as possible. Russia didn't provide any blood bags for vampires. In Russia, the vampires need permission from their masters to go hunting on land specifically reserved for vampire hunts.

In America, though, blood bags are provided and served to the vampires. And by looking at Anya, I need to get her blood quickly.

I get out of my side of the truck and walk around to the passenger side where she sits. I cautiously open the door, hoping not to scare her too much. Her eyes meet with mine for a split second before she quickly averts them back down again, shivering.

I had warned my family about my mate's state beforehand, so I'm hoping that they will tone down their excitement and noise while Anya is around. She's timid around new people and terrified of loud noises.

I lay my hand on hers, and to my surprise, she doesn't flinch back and cripple into a fearful mess. "Anya, we're home. We've arrived at your new permanent home. You won't ever be exploited again. I'm going to help you out of the car. Just a quick warning, my family is very.....loud and boisterous and they are going to be excited to see me. They don't mean you any harm, I promise."

I don't know how much of my words she believed.

But I do hope they comforted her in some way.

I wish I could get into her mind, to see just how she sees the world. What would it be like to be terrified of everyone and everything? I couldn't begin to imagine the things those silver eyes have witnessed. I couldn't begin to imagine the horrors she's been through.