Chapter Twenty-Five.

‘Happy Birthday see you at Comic Con’

Spencer and me just looked at eachother, him with a worried/ shocked expression and me with a slight smile. “We got him.”

Before Spence had time to react I walked to Hotch’s office and knocked on the door. “come in.” he called and I did as I was told.

“Me and Spencer deciphered the message sir, do you want the good news or the bad news?” Hotch just looked at me indifferently as he sat on the chair behind his desk. “Ok then… good news? He won’t murder or kidnap anyone for a week.”

“And?” he looked up at me.

“I think I may be the target. The message read Happy birthday, see you at comic con.” I looked back in differently as worry flickered in Hotch’s eyes. “He knows my schedule which means he knows I’ll be at comic con, which means we know he’s going to be at comic con too, we just need to outsmart the riddle.”

“I’m starting to get a little worried at your lack of self care.” He rose from the desk and walked over to me. “I want you to stay with someone every night do you hear me?”

“But sir, he won’t attack until comic con.”

“You can’t be certain.”

“But I can, it’s against his character to go against his riddle. Trust me, please.”  Hotch didn’t say anything he just sat back down on the chair.

“You can go. But we will be checking in on you, you had better be right Dr Jones.”

“Yes Sir.” I nodded slightly before I left the room and walked back to my desk to see my phone lighting up.

‘I look forward to meeting you Doctor, I hope you are as impressive in person. Don’t look for me, I will find you, you can still dress up as Harley Quinn.’ As soon as I finished reading it I looked up and the screen stopped flashing. I sighed before I noticed the time. It’s almost time to go. 

I smiled slightly as I looked back at the comic con tickets to see two tickets, one for the Saturday and one for the Sunday, one thing will be certain, it won’t be a dull weekend. I piled everything up on my chair and grabbed myself a cup of water from the cooler. I smiled as the cold liquid hit the back of my throat and I slowly walked back to my desk where JJ was waiting for me.

“Your back then” I smiled as I leaned on my desk.

“Yes, and you are going home now to get ready for me to pick you up at eight. I said we were going out for your birthday and just because we had a new case doesn’t mean I won’t keep to my word” she smiled widely as I just nodded a little.

“you know you really don’t have to… I don’t like celebrating my birthday…” I looked at JJ slightly pleading.

“tough luck! You are celebrating, see you at eight.” JJ smiled widely before leaving.